Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow....Where do I start. I've been riding street bikes since I was 17 and now im 37. I have track and tons of road experience. I've only been down only on the track and lucky I didnt get to banged up and my bike needed new plastics and controlers to be all better. I've had many near death experiences on the road and seen a lot of riding buddies or people I was riding with not make it home. Still I love to ride.

Tonight I was on youtube looking at some RC51 video clips that led me to some crashes. What I saw blew me away for some reason. Some dumb ass that over rode his bike going about 120kmh not sure in mph went in late into a corner, couldnt hold a line and went head on into another rider. All caught on his helmet cam. Both riders died. I cant count how many times I have pushed the edge of the envelope going way to fast for any road but didnt really care for some reason. I see all the time of the senior members on this site speaking to keeping it safe and do the fast stuff on the track. Still didnt sink in. Six months ago a good friend of mine T-Boned a car going about 55mph. Totaled the car, his bike, his body and his brain. He broke alot of bones including both his legs at the knees, pelvis both forarms, ribs and punctured a lung. He's coming back slowly but surely but forgets even who I am at times.

Still that didnt really hit me untill what I saw tonight.

What im getting at is im a lucky man to have made it this long without being a vegetable or killing someone else. Please be careful out there and like the seniors say "Keep the fast stuff for the track"

·
Registered
233 Posts
Right on BB. I feel that I have nothing to prove to anyone (including myself) anymore, and that makes for a satisified riding experience every time out. All you young guns, especially the ones who have never been down, please be very careful, have fun, but have respect for life.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
"Be Aware" these are hurling our bodies through space and time at incredible rates.

When the space and time converge you will die or worse.

Respect them and enjoy them.:twocents

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I almost got hit by a 4x4 board going about 55 on monday.

The truck in front of me must have been tailgating, because he just ran the board over, splitting it in two and sending one piece airborn. If I would have been any tailgating, I would have either ran one over or gotten smacked in the face by the other. Scary shit.

And yes, I did turn around and chuck the wood off the highway. Gotta get my good karma somehow :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wow....Where do I start. I've been riding street bikes since I was 17 and now im 37. I have track and tons of road experience. I've only been down only on the track and lucky I didnt get to banged up and my bike needed new plastics and controlers to be all better. I've had many near death experiences on the road and seen a lot of riding buddies or people I was riding with not make it home. Still I love to ride.

Tonight I was on youtube looking at some RC51 video clips that led me to some crashes. What I saw blew me away for some reason. Some dumb ass that over rode his bike going about 120kmh not sure in mph went in late into a corner, couldnt hold a line and went head on into another rider. All caught on his helmet cam. Both riders died. I cant count how many times I have pushed the edge of the envelope going way to fast for any road but didnt really care for some reason. I see all the time of the senior members on this site speaking to keeping it safe and do the fast stuff on the track. Still didnt sink in. Six months ago a good friend of mine T-Boned a car going about 55mph. Totaled the car, his bike, his body and his brain. He broke alot of bones including both his legs at the knees, pelvis both forarms, ribs and punctured a lung. He's coming back slowly but surely but forgets even who I am at times.

Still that didnt really hit me untill what I saw tonight.

What im getting at is im a lucky man to have made it this long without being a vegetable or killing someone else. Please be careful out there and like the seniors say "Keep the fast stuff for the track"
Good reminder for everyone, be safe out there.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yep, be careful out there.

Only thing I will add is that about 99% of the time when someone posts a video on the interent and says someone died, it is false. I can't tell you how many vids I've seen out there where the outcome is all speculation. Saying the person(s) involved died is just a ploy to rack up the hit views.:twocents

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
Yep, be careful out there.

Only thing I will add is that about 99% of the time when someone posts a video on the interent and says someone died, it is false. I can't tell you how many vids I've seen out there where the outcome is all speculation. Saying the person(s) involved died is just a ploy to rack up the hit views.:twocents

+1
I will only add, anyone who has ever crashed and was wearing proper safety gear, I guarantee, will never ride again with out it! I can’t stand to watch guys and girls go out with just the minimum, a helmet, and sometimes not even that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uzN0NGmRDI

I bet they wish they had more on then a helmet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will attest to the never ride without gear , going into a gaurdrail at only 45 put me in a hospital for 2 weeks one week just to walk again. If not for helmet or jacket, man o man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts