Speedzilla Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Hellas Addicted RC51
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So the whole front came back from the lathe man...

And this is my new lower triple, which can fit in the SP1's frame as well as mount the Ohlins in it. Comparison picture next the OEM one

The new pivot pressed in the triple

I've also asked him to copy my rear spacers from 7075 aluminum alloy

And here are the front spacers which fit the '04 CBR1000RR front wheel to the Ohlins forks so that the RC's OEM brake rotors are centered in the Brembos

·
Hellas Addicted RC51
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Now an important step in the construction.....the lower triple's rotation stoppers.

Thankfully the 954's triple has a lot of thick material for stoppers so it's manageable to file down some of it and make it fit to the RC's frame.

First fitting the OEM triple to mark the rotation limits which basically are the radiator front hoses' mounts on both sides.

Then I fit the 954's and do the same

As it can be seen, the gap is by half an inch wider, so back to the working bench and my favorite steel vice.........

·
Hellas Addicted RC51
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
After a lot of filling and trying on and filling and trying on, the triple was done

The thickness of the new stoppers are the same with the ones on the RC's OEM lower triple, so I guess they are up to their job if the are ever called in action (God forbid)

101 - 109 of 109 Posts