Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some rearset for my RC and was wondering what ur opinion is. Should I go with Attack or Vortex. I have had vortex before and liked them but the Attack ones look good and seam lighter then the Vortex ones. Let me know what you think.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Those look sexy in black!

Yeah, I don't know about vortex anymore. I was going to get some of their rearsets also. That was until I read about people having problems getting very simple parts for their stands. I guess that it was something that was obviously not going to last forever. Apparently they just contract out all the work for building the stands, and only purchase whole stands from the manufacturer, and don't stock any replacement parts. I am not sure if they do the same with the rearsets though.

Attack are probably going to be the ones I go with whenever I spend real money on rearsets. (I bought some second hand FBF rearsets a while ago)

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I know this is going to cause a commotion Sato the only ones I ever bought and the best
I don't doubt they are nice looking and of good quality, but if Sato's are the only you have run, then how can you quantify them as the best? By that rationale, they are also the worst you have ever had.

If you've only had one bj your entire life, it was the best damn bj ever!

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I don't doubt they are nice looking and of good quality, but if Sato's are the only you have run, then how can you quantify them as the best? By that rationale, they are also the worst you have ever had.

What if he had stock ones and then BOUGHT Sato's? Then they're the best. You're assuming he never had stock ones.;)

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Vortex are far better than attack. although the attack are nice; I have two sets, the vortex are superior in every way, fit, finish, durability and strength. the vortex will hold up very well in a crash, the attack wont. I've tested both. good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I loved my vortex that where on my track bike but they had some issues. The peg is way to strong I saw a few track bikes do summersault when the peg dug in the pavement The attack ones are milled out and they shifter is foldable that should help prevent breakage. The vortex one are not. Not that falling is my only thing to think about but you never know.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought Attacks from CBR400RR here on Zilla and was able to keep the stock pegs height for good leg leverage/comfort on track...i didn't need them higher because my shock is height adjustable anyway...
I just had them a little farther back ...

·
Registered
78 Posts
...whatever you can find cheapest on fleabay :/

I picked up some used vortex rearsets this way and love them. they seem to be light, good grip, good design. you lose the brake switch functionality but I think they are all like that. i liked the woodcraft when i was shopping because it uses the oem levers, that way you can replace them pretty easy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
rear sets

I've run the stocker's and one RC had votex didn't compare to Sato and I've had more than one bj

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

Satos are so good they give you a bj for buying them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts