Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone doing the Trackday at VIR this coming weekend? NC Rick and I are, anyone else on this list?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (NC Rick)

I'll let you see it alright...... From the back!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (Reckless_Kelly)

I am doing South on July 2nd with STT in I group.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (jbraslins)

Rick and I are both doing the South on the 2nd as well. I'll have my 851, Rick with his tennis ball yellow 748. See ya' there!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (marvin)

I'll be the slowest guy in I on yellow 999 with a CF front fairnig.
My friend Chris is coming with his red 998.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We also will be there on the second. look us up!

Tennis ball yellow 748 with purple frame and wheels Section 8 stickers covering the Moto Europa stuff.

Marvins is the Pertty 851. Our mission will be to swell the heads of the advanced group riders.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: VIR Trackday (marvin)

I just emailed Bonnie to see if any spots are open, which I doubt, but the event isn't listed as full on the website. Any of you guys run the south course before? I'm wondering want kind of top speeds to expect in the novice group? I'm itching to take my 05 625 motard out. Its pretty quick to 100, but there isn't much left after that with stock gearing. South course is pretty short, but the straight looks pretty long on the layout map. But the whole course is only ~1.6 miles correct, so the straight is around a half mile or so? Patriot course would be perfect.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: VIR Trackday (jager)

I have no idea, i never look at the speedo

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: VIR Trackday (jbraslins)

Thats what I figured, but you running pretty high revs in six before you start braking for turn one. I asked STT about the 625 so hopefully they'll have an idea.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The south track is well suited to a smaller bike. While the staight is fairly long, it is mostly up-hill. The last set of corners before the Oak tree turn are fast and flowing. All in all, the track is quite technical with double apexes, off camber turns and a great chicane sort of thing that plunges down hill. I don't have it down after riding it one time last year but I do think it may be the most fun track I have been on. A small bike would be great and the Novice group is likely to be quite cozy. I hope you can come ride with us.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (NC Rick)

Yeah Jager come on out!!!!

Who cares if they blow by you on the straight, let them go, have some more room for yourself once you get there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah I not too worry about being passed, that is sure to happen. Its just this statement in the policies section of the STT website:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STT Poilcy Page »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU MUST RIDE A MOTORCYCLE APPROPRIATE FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE TRACK RIDING. SEVERELY UNDERPOWERED MOTORCYCLES, OR THOSE NOT SUITED TO HIGH SPEEDS OR LEAN ANGLES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK, if you have a question regarding your bike, contact us.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you guys only doing the the first day or both days? I was going to try to get into the second day (sunday) since I need to do the 600 m first service on the KTM. I can probably get the service done tonight or tomorrow night, but I'm waiting for a jet kit to come in also and I'm not sure how long that is going to take to install. I would like to meet up with you guys though, so if you are only going to be there sat, I might just put the jet kit off until later.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (jager)

I always do just one. I am usually so beat and sore by the end of track day, i feel like if i go out the next day, i'd be bound to make some mistakes that'd cost me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Marvin , Rick ,
Hey guy's , long time no talk hope all is well.
I just left VIR Thursday , It was a perfect day for riding and I love VIR North what a great track and facility.

Im heading to Atlanta this weekend so I wont be back to VIR.
Sucks that I wont be there when you guys will , have a safe fun trip and hopefully we can ride together soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Just got an email back from Monte. He said the 'tard is a great bike for the south course, will be faster than the streeters in parts and slower in others. Also talked to thumpertalk, they are second day airing the jet kit today and should be here on thursday and they are only charging me a few extra dollars (it was originally ground).
Still not sure which day to go for though. Lets see if I can get some info on time for the JD kit install, there will be some testing involved to. But the improved jetting, new airbox lid and exhaust should help, so it would be nice to have the stuff installed pre track day.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Go for Saturday, cause we all gonna be there Saturday.

I for one will not be there on Sunday :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I went ahead and signed up for sunday. That way I won't be rushing to get it done and miss something. Plus it will give me all day sat. to test the different jets and find a good setup. Anyone going to be there on sunday?

I'll catch you next time, jbraslins. You turned in your plate yet or you still riding in the street a little bit?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I not too worry about being passed, that is sure to happen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Trust me a motard will do fine. We had a couple of them at Road Atlanta this weekend (we called them "rolling chicanes") but they did fine. Heck even I was a "rolling chicane' at 140mph compared to a gsxr1k at 160ish through 8 and 9.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts