Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We (dirtyred & I)did VIR South on 2nd and 3rd of July. We had a phuckin ball.
They only had one ambulance, so we missed a couple sessions on the first day, but we still had fun, big fun. We signed up in the novice group. We still have a lot of things to work on. To my suprised I was getting around the so-called "bitch" turn pretty good, but was having big problems at the Oak Tree. After about 4 sessions I settled down on the Oak Tree, and was getting some pretty good laps in. Sometimes I would lose my concentration, and I know what comes after that, disaster. So, when that happens I cut the session short, and come and discuss with others what got me out of sync.

Dirtyred's skill level is right there with mine. We are neck and neck.
And for both of us to go flying around the track in unison, lap after lap, was priceless.
At one point, we had a control rider all to ourselves. The control rider would pick up the pace, and we would tuck in right behind.

The next day, we got a hair better, and the control riders were pointing us out, and said the "couple" needs to move up to intermediate, or slow down. We smiled, and declined to move up, for the simple reason, we weren't consistent enough. Sure, we were hitting some nice laps, but we also were banging some bad one too.

At one time, I was moving quickly pass slower riders, banging them in the curves and in the straights, till finally, there was nobody but me up front, and the track ahead. At that point, I didn't know whether to chit or go blind.!!
Yeah, this was the same person that was passing a couple riders in the bitch. Some kind of way, I was fast when I had some leaders in front of me, without the fast leaders, I was off cue a lot and it spooked me. I found myself coming off throttle in some turns, braking in the turn, and quickly got off the track. That is the reason, I want to stay in novice longer. I need to be more consistent. I hit some laps so fast, it scared me, I was following the fundementals, and they were working. On the gas as I am turning the bike, and looking so far ahead, I can't even see my bike in my vision, and the bike just zipped around the curves.. I was saying to myself "well I be dam".. Then I started braking less, carrying more speed into the turn, and I was already on the gas before the turn, and I got faster.. "Well I be dam again". I noticed I was cocking my knee, and pointing my foot toward the ground in the turns, this felt better, and that made me a hair faster.

So, that is how my two days at VIR went..Dirtyred and I loved every second of it.
My RC51 has been the center of attention at almost every trackday I go to, and of course my suit, and me!! Everybody wants to come up and shake my hand, and point me out to others.. And the suit, oh my god, Taichi should be using me for their advertisment..

Okay, this is our 6th trackday, and at this point, I am a cold track freak, and my girlfriend, is more of a track freak than me. In my book, it can't get anybetter than that.

Next move is, suspension work on the RC51, maybe a track bike in the future, work harder on my weak points, and try to stay just a tad faster than my girlfriend, because in about 6 months she is going to be really fast!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: VIR on July 2nd & 3rd (cehowardrc51)

Glad you had a good time Cole...and I told you so about the track

I can't wait to hook up with you and Red and and see this team ride!!!

Oh yeah one more thing......MAKE WITH THE PHUCKING PICS!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: VIR on July 2nd & 3rd (eppy01f4i)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eppy01f4i »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Glad you had a good time Cole...and I told you so about the track

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't got none!!!!

Some might be coming when the track photo head post them up..

Let me tell ya, DirtyRed got um DVD!!
Oh yeah, and the old man ain't in it either. The camera man was trying to catch us both doing those laps in unison, but they hot pitted, and I had a hot thing going on, and didn't want to lose it. Some when I came around the Oak Tree, I pulled out all the stops on the RC down the straight, and went into turn 1 hot.. Loved it. So, I said all of that to say, I am not on the DVD...

We thinking about doing Summit, the Jefferson Circuit on the 17th.. Just thinking!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eppy01f4i »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SBC ???? Who that???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got my facts wrong, I deleted that post. Will explain over IM...

ceh (with foot in mouth)..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

All is good

You get that killer ladies discount with your club..very nice perk!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cehowardrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> try to stay just a tad faster than my girlfriend, because in about 6 months she is going to be really fast!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...good luck with that you old phucker

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eppy01f4i »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All is good

You get that killer ladies discount with your club..very nice perk!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't get chit!!
Red gets the discount...I tried to get them to give me a senior citizen's discount, but they wouldn't buldge!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Right On And hell yea.. Where are the pics! Looking to get a street ride going for not the next saturday but the one after! July 19th?!?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Speaking of VIR, sorry to steal the thread. Last Sept/October there was a track day at VIR. Actually it was during the world series. We watch the Sox's beat up on St. Louis. Anyway during the first day there was a rider who was injured pretty bad. Anyone know the end results of this guy. Rookie you were there that day. Dont expect you to remember but I was the one who walked up to you and introduced myself. So did you ever here anything?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: VIR on July 2nd & 3rd (jersey_devil_68)

No action pics but here are some from the pits...

How close can I get to this bike without giving Coleman a heart attack?

The pit most visited...this bike had more oooohs and ahhhhhhs than Coleman's (sorry, it's true)

He hauled that bike with this truck...Dodge SRT-10...all sorts of mods on the truck too

A crappy little snippet of me (on the blue gixxer) creating a traffic jam in the Oak Tree followed by Mary (SportBikerChic on red/black R6) and another female (black/silver CBR) that was with me & Coleman in the Novice group (might have to cut and paste link in a new window).

http://home.comcast.net/~marym...8.AVI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: VIR on July 2nd & 3rd (DirtyRed)

One day ... when I get old, grey, and semi-retired, I want to be just like Coleman.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Glad you had as good of a time as I had there on the North course back in April. Love that track. I will be headed back there again before this year is over. Hope your pictures came out great as well.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: VIR on July 2nd & 3rd (superbike2001)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superbike2001 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right On And hell yea.. Where are the pics! Looking to get a street ride going for not the next saturday but the one after! July 19th?!?!?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said Todd, don't got no pics!!
Seriously they just posted some on sportbiketracktime website. Can't even copy those suckers. I have to do too many tricks. Anyway, Dirtyred will find a way to get some pics. In the meantime, the pics I saw of myself, still shows I have LOUSY form, realy lousy. Starting with my feet all the way up to my body and head position. The good part was, I am getting faster, and a more comfortable carry a little, and I mean a little more speed throgh the corners.

Looking forward to a street ride with the crew...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: VIR on July 2nd & 3rd (Heist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Heist »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One day ... when I get old, grey, and semi-retired, I want to be just like Coleman. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Reggie, you should have seen the time I had at VIR this weekend. Super, duper, duper, and duper good.
The RC51 was like a dream machine, in the way it rode, looked, and oh my god the sound!!

And then to have Dirtyred tight on my azz as I am hitting fast laps, and when she was in front, I was right on her pretty azz too.
That feeling borders the priceless.

Can't say enough about the RC51, she is past 39,000 and riding & looking better than the day I bought her home.

Yes, the life of an old RC51 jockey is dam good!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eppy01f4i »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Glad you had a good time Cole...and I told you so about the track

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some of them.. Trying to catch that fast b---h...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts