Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Viper attack (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Holy shit!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I assume you are quoting the driver?

I'm guessing he momentarily had a few reservations about doing future track days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Viper attack (JamesP)

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell the viper managed to shoot across the front of the victim on a relatively straight section of track. I guess he was carrying a ton more speed going into the kink and then got into a high speed weave.

Check out how the Viper driver's head is actually facing the camera car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was a Mazda Miata not a Viper. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was thinking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Viper attack (jbraslins)

Looks like the Viper blew by, then something else. Right after the kink, the Miata lost it. I'm afraid I'd have to pull in the pits for a change of underwear after that one.

I know on the Duc I have to physically work the bars and the pegs to get the bike to lean through that kink when WFO. My guess is the Miata either put a wheel off the track, or made too much of a steering correction at the kink and fish tailed off the track.

Either way...very close call. Whew!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts