Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
my project is finished - front end from an SP2 grafter into a '99 VFR.
Thanks to Varium who helped me out with some replacement damper rods.

Now my bike feels nice and balanced with the Ohlins out back and the SP2 up front :)

Cheers
AB

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Nice......BOTH Of THEM!.....

Yeah, I like it too! But why don't you slip in accouple more pictures of that Sweet, sweet 4 wheeler too!
:clapper

Peace Jeff

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Nice, Sweet 911 too!

Matthew

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
AB-Oz said:
Hi all,
my project is finished - front end from an SP2 grafter into a '99 VFR.
Thanks to Varium who helped me out with some replacement damper rods.

Now my bike feels nice and balanced with the Ohlins out back and the SP2 up front :)

Cheers
AB

Glad i could help, and it all worked out for you. Now you can do a radial conversion. I know someone who has a complete setup.:D
If you still have my email address pop me a message so i can reply....i have a couple questions about some vfr parts.

·
Pull my finger!
445 Posts
I've been told that while it fits, it's not a direct fit because the trail is changed. Did you find this to be an issue and if so, how did you address it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll post more pix tonight.

As to the handling, I've only been able to do about 50km on it so far, and it feels rock solid, even at 140km/h. I'll push it up over that gradually to see how it feels. The bars are a little wider than stock, but I just need to get used to it.

Using the right lower (tapered) bearing on the steering stem, and 954 upper triple + helibars mounted above it means I got within 8-10mm of the stock distance from headstock to axle. The handling was already sharper due to a 3mm shim on the ohlins. If the bike proves to be wobbly at licence shredding speeds I'll take the shim out.

Now to that 4 wheeled toy :) Its a 1990 Carrera 4, all wheel drive, 186kw, normally aspirated, 60k km on the clock. Mods to that are the teardrop mirrors, and 17" Porsche Cup wheels. Porsche internal design number is 964, the 993 is the next model up. Very fun to drive as you could imagine, and the all wheel drive is forgiving for novice 911 drivers like me. The damn airconditioner is stuffed though, I wonder if I could take the one out of the wife's camry and slot that in, its cool enough to freeze water.

Varium I'll email you tonight from home.

Cheers
AB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts