Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, haven't posted here in a LONG time, and thought some of the Honda RC fans might like a look at my bike.

It's a VFR800 that I've owned for 10 years now, and it's been slowly morphing into a Honda hybrid of sorts.

I call it the GL800RR-SP2 just for laughs.

First, as I got it WAAY back in Y2K:

Basically stock, just a slipon and silver wheels.

Next up was to fit an RC51 USD front end:

After that, custom underseat exhaust:

Rode it like that for awhile, took a few trips to California, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, etc.

Last year, I got whacked by a Honda Accord that pulled out in front of me. Could have hung up the leathers, could have bought another bike, but stubborn sentimental old me decided on resurrecting the phoenix from the ashes:

And, finally, back in her natural environment, sport-touring:

Any questions, just shoot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and this winter I have to get the wheels the correct colours, I just put on what I had so I could ride.

I think I'm going to do them charcoal grey to match the wings.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very nice:clapper

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Nice job, bike looks great! :clapper

P.S. Seems those V4s are naturals for sport-touring ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, thanks everyone, I've got over 70,000km on it at the moment.

Next mod will be a Pingel Electric shifter, as my ankle will be totally fused in January due to the wreck in 2009.

I should still be able to downshift, but upshifts will be near impossible without the electric shifter.

Actually, it's difficult (but possible) to shift now, with a semi-functioning ankle and limited range of motion, so I think the Pingel will be my only option going forward.

Dammit, if only it was the right ankle instead. :banghead (or neither) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very nice, good job:) you must be happy owning a bike which is not pedestrian like a firestorm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts