Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend has an '01 VFR that is acting like it has either an emissions system problem or a clogged fule filter.

a. Is there a canisterectomy for the VFRs? Where would he find directions for such an operation?

b. Where is the fule filter on these? Is it in the tank?

TIA

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
maybe

The VFR uses the Honda Air Injection system and can be eliminated on the VFR. not really a performance increaser it is more of a weight saver and cleans up the engine a bit.

The VFR uses an external fuel pump an the fuel filter is inline as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rothmans said:
Do you think it is anything electrical? I keep hearing about lots of electrical problems on the VFR's.
He's not sure. The symptoms are; Coughing and popping in midrange on accel AND decel. Low end and high end are smooth. Checked plugs and air filter, they're fine. These symptoms are from the bike having sat for 5 weeks due to needing tires. Went to start it up, absent-mindedly applied throttle before it fired, and flooded to the plugs. I figured maybe the fuel filter was in-tank and the last batch of gas had had a load of water, filling the filter. But, if it's in line? Thanks for the help guys. We'll keep pluggin away...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I left off the kill switch on my rc51 after an oil change, had the same fun your having.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts