Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Semper Fi ladies! (even you Army beeches!) :notworthy

Living in the SF Bay Area, it goes without saying that active duty military aren't always treated with the respect that is a given in other parts of our country. I try and personnally thank uniformed troops for their service and personal sacrifice. It's great to see the expression on their face when someone just stops to say "thanks!" Do yourself a favor, and if you've never done it, try. It's like giving someone a gift, you get as much out of it as them.

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
REMEMBRANCE DAY here in Canada , 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month . We remember the sacrifice and we always will .

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
today raise a glass for all our fallen brothers in arms, past or present, and sleep well knowing that others like us have made the sacrifice to keep this country safe (or what's left of it), and to all my veteran brothers a toast , may this day find you well and in good spirits...

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
CLINK! :p

Here's to you all! (That'd be the sound of a Tank 'n Tonic (Schwepps please!)

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
A salute to...

My father. Army. Infantry. Omaha Beach, Battle of the Bulge, led the second unit to arrive at the Remagen Bridge, VE Day. Korea. Viet-Nam x2. Dominican Republic. War hero (3 SS, 3 BS, 4 PH, etc., etc. etc.)

My mother. Army. Nurse. WWII. Refused to tell her patients to "lay at attention" when some big-wig was coming to inspect her ward.

May they both Rest in Peace. I miss you both.

/salute

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
A salute to...

My father. Army. Infantry. Omaha Beach, Battle of the Bulge, led the second unit to arrive at the Remagen Bridge, VE Day. Korea. Viet-Nam x2. Dominican Republic. War hero (3 SS, 3 BS, 4 PH, etc., etc. etc.)

My mother. Army. Nurse. WWII. Refused to tell her patients to "lay at attention" when some big-wig was coming to inspect her ward.

May they both Rest in Peace. I miss you both.

/salute
:rockon

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Happy Veterans Day... USAF retired...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Spent the day watching the History Channel. Dug out my dad's old tin box that was given to me when he passed.
The man never asked for anything, never talked about it, never went to a VA Hospital, never picked up a another gun once he came back.
The last days he did make reference to be woke up at night by the chains's on the landing craft. Made reference of finally getting to be back with all the friends and mates he lost during the campaign.

Also entered during the Nomandy invasion on Omaha beach...3rd day, 273rd infantry as a heavy machine gunner.
Awarded 5 battle stars (major conflicts) Normandy Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes, and Central Europe.

First battalion to meet up with the Russian's in Leipzig....actually had to wait for them to get there.

The greast generation.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
REMEMBRANCE DAY here in Canada , 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month . We remember the sacrifice and we always will .
Thank you nomo, no better way to say the sentiment. I wouldn't be here, hell 90% of us wouldn't be here, if not for the sacrifice these men and women made. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts