Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i buy a ducati performance kit with termningoni slip on's, the airbox and filter, and ecm...i get the stuff and it sure looks nice but the freeking bands for the slip on's are way too big...wtf, so i call Jake and tell him about this and the fact that the airbox lid is a POS and he says he will get back to me....which he doesn't, now they are closed and no help...very pissed about this. lesson learned on this and 1000 lighter for my trouble , hows that for the first order? now my last with a new ducati owner, and as soon as i can sell it i will be an ex owner ...i knew i should have just bought the honda

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (nickg)

Nick, no offense, but you're right...you should have bought the Honda.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (DesmoBob)

hey with the honda you should get/do the following:

a. knee pucks that spark (if you can get them down).
b. an exhaust that has a cool rainbow can.
c. a fat girl to pose on it while you and your buddies drink natty ice and photograph her.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

section 8 sbk will do right by you on this ... just give them the chance to do it.

ciao,
johnc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (mh900e0974)

The owner is away this weekend at Road America and Jake is swamped because he is running things while Jason is away.

If you have emailed them, you should have gotten an auto response. Give Jason (the owner) a call next week. He'll do right by you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

They do get backed up from time-to-time, but ultimately Section 8 will make things right.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I try not to react to posts like these.... but since I'm in a bad mood.....

What a pussy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Understand the disappointment, but you need to give these guys a chance. They're a small outfit and do a great job.

Of course, you could always buy the Honda, and deal with the Walmart type shops for all your needs - I'm sure it will work well for you....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh gee. You mean they didn't come to your house and install it for you? Those bastards.

Look man, Section 8 is the best there is, period. If they say they'll get back to you, they will. They work harder than any other dealership out there. Just go around and try to find someone better. It's guys like you that make dealing with the public such a pain, and cause cool places like Section 8 to close out of frustration. So yes, please, sell the Ducati, and buy something else.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Buy A Honda, it sounds like you two will be suited, to flame a Business for such a small issue probably puts you into the basket of not wanting to be dealt with again.

If I were Jason I WOULD NOT deal with you again, get your sensors back in order and take your own advice.
Bye bye

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nickg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> now my last with a new ducati owner, and as soon as i can sell it i will be an ex owner ...i knew i should have just bought the honda </TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (Monstaman)

Nick' I have an 04' CBR 1000 w/700 miles. Bikes got a few scapes on the right side. Here's your honda and I'll work all the problems out w/ section 8. Just across the river in N.Y. 996 r 999????

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (Dave B.)

Why is Section8's fault that you aren't happy with a Ducati performance kit. They resell Ducati stuff not manufacture it. Suck it up or try ordering from a crappy dealer who makes you wait and overcharges you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (Dave B.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave B. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nick' I have an 04' CBR 1000 w/700 miles. Bikes got a few scapes on the right side. Here's your honda and I'll work all the problems out w/ section 8. Just across the river in N.Y. 996 r 999????</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going to guess that he has a non-superbike as the kit came with an air box lid.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Section8 rocks......Honda's don't....be patient padawan..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nickg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> now my last with a new ducati owner, and as soon as i can sell it i will be an ex owner ...i knew i should have just bought the honda </TD></TR></TABLE>

If something this trivial has you selling the bike, then good luck with the rest of your extremely frustrated life, you'll need it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: very bad deal from section 8 superbike (Phil 998)

Nickg,
Take six of these
and edit your post in the morning...

Warning
post...
I live a few miles from Section 8 and can vouch that they are good bunch. Here's the ironic part: I bought a used Honda VFR750 from Bill (I think he is a part owner) last year and he was great to deal with. And this was in the midst of construction of their new shop. He didn't have to deal with all my rookie questions, but he handled it with aplomb.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

When I delt with Jason and Jake, they were nothing but nice, got every detail of my order right. I will buy everything Ducati related from Jason from now on!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Jason on two occasions, even though I live overseas and the carrier they use for shipping would not send to my location he then took time out of his busy schedule to personally send my items via a carrier that would..... just for me....... that's customer service my friend

1 - 20 of 179 Posts