Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyones have any experience with these??? currently i wear an arai edwards rep. im happy with it but ive found great deal, or so i think on this helmet. dont need the helmet but i just think its a trick looking lid!:twocents opinions...??

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Take this for what it is worth, but at the dealer show in Indy last year I was talking to the AGV rep and he had a bare shell from a Ti model AGV (their best helmet) and I could see areas that were fiberglass and some that were carbon fiber and asked what the deal was. He said in testing it has shown certain areas of the helmet shell needed the characteristics of the different materials and an all carbon helmet was not the best design, they had tried it.:twocents

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think that the helmet standard jihad has been covered elsewhere. ECE testing standard is much higher, IMO, than DOT or Snell. The real question here is about fitment. In my experience fitting this helmet (used to carry them at my old shop), it is a unique head shape. People who liked Arai Signet and Shoei could fit into it fine. Seemed to be better for the more oval shaped head. Definitely you should get fitted for it or get a return guarantee.

·
Registered
831 Posts
There's no f'ing way I would ever put a CF helmet on my head. Possible fragmentation upon impact aside, CF is very stiff - stiff means you transfer more external force to the liner, and ultimately to your skull. I'll stick with what's been tried and tested for years when it comes to protecting my brains. :twocents

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just got one at the STT day at Beaverrun.

$300 with a clear and a smoked shield, extra cheek pads and an extra liner!!

I am going to paint it when I paint my bike - but leave a lot of the Carbon show through.

I am not at all worried about the carbon vs fiberglass. From what I read in that motorcyclist article, the fiberglass is all ready way stiff. It is more important what the foam on the inside is like.

And if I crash hard enough to break a helmet (carbon or fiberglass) then my brain will be so mashed that I won't have the sense to care about splinters :eek:

BTW: I have a Arai head. This is the first non-Arai that I have had in over 15 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts