Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience with Vanson 7R11 track gloves? The price is great at $80, but I never seen any reviews on them. I figured I'd pick them up after I get measured for a custom Vanson suit. Any input would be appreciated. They would be a trackday only glove.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Vanson Track Gloves?????????? (SP8)

I don't have them but I am looking for a new pair. Where did you find them?
Edit: Never mind, I found them. They look nice for that price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was looking at those too. BUT:

"We warranty these gloves just like we do our domestically produced ones"

So, they are not made by Vanson. Not even made here. Buyer beware.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Vanson Track Gloves?????????? (Strangelove)

They look good & I'm sure Vanson stands behind their product....

Personally, Iown the Dainese T-Age gloves but never wear them, I only ride wearing Held gloves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Vanson Track Gloves?????????? (blkhalo996)

I have been racing with a pair of vanson gloves I bought a few years ago. These were made by vanson with studs for sliding. After 2 crashes the gloves have held up pretty good. I have lost a few studs but they haven't worn through yet. And you can bring them back to vanson for any repairs for free. They might even repair them at the track. Not bad considering the price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Vanson Track Gloves?????????? (pcugno749)

Thanks..... I'll let you guys know how good they are in person. As soon as my refund hits my account I'm driving to Vanson to get measured. $80 sounds better than $200 to $300 for nice Italian race gloves. If Vanson backs them, they should be good quaility. I hope.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

My Vanson suit and gloves held up well during a slow speed crash on the track.
The glove had two rivets pull out and a couple of scratches.
The suit and gloves were custon made for me. Both items were made at their factory in Fall River, MA.
Vanson stuff is top notch!! Heavy!! and used to be made in the U.S.
BUT...beware.... I heard that they have taken the manufactoring side overseas.
For the price of the gloves shown..I'm willing to bet that the were not made in the USA.
My gloves we're more than $300. (but were custom made with many colors and stitching)
I think it would be best to go to Vanson's directly and get the stuff they have in stock that was made there!!.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Believe it or Not You might check out the Icon TiMax Gloves. Two seasons on mine and I love em. Very Comfortable and they still look new. Only complaint is they are a little warm when the temps go up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went down recently and bought a jacket and a pair of these gloves.Yes,the gloves are imported,but seem to be made well and are comfortable.The jackets and suits are still made in the mill building in Fall River,as are Vanson's traditional line of gloves.As this is my 4th Vanson garment,I commented on the origin of the gloves. I was told,it is for the money,IE:Not everyone is willing to spend $100-300 on gloves unless they are a serious racer or rich member of the BMW crowd.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that their stuff is still made "in-house".
Great leathers..IMHO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts