Speedzilla Forums banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts
I want to see Spies obliterate Lorenzo next year.
Lorenzo just had one of the most successful seasons ever, there is no way Spies will obliterate Lorenzo next year. I was the first person who predicted Spies would win the WSBK championship his first year, but the level of talent in Moto GP now is amazing and Lorenzo is the smoothest rider out there.

Hell even the Bridgestone tire techs can't believe how good the condition of Lorenzo's tires at the end of the races, especially the ones he has dominated!

Lorenzo didn't want Rossi to leave Yamaha, he wanted to keep beating him on equal equipment. Now if he continues to beat Rossi people will make excuses and say it's Ducati's fault that Rossi can't beat him. Remember when Rossi had to have the Bridgestones to beat Stoner, now Lorenzo wanted Rossi to stay at Yamaha to show who is the fastest rider in the world. I think he proved that this year, I'd love to see Spies beating Lorenzo and become GP Champion but reality says no way.

Discussion starter · #42 · (Edited)
Haydens bike doesnt have them....They were tested for "down force" issues if I remember correctly, in fact during one race this year they discussed it?
They've ran them every eve since they first introduced them this season, both bikes.

And if i remember stoners interview when they asked him about them, he said je had no idea what exactly they did, and IF they were for downforce they would be useless since the downforce it might create wouldn't be enough to do much at high speeds because they're too small AND the bike is going too slow when it would need them to prevent wheelies.....but he didn't know exactly what they did, riders often know very little about a lot of things on the bikes.

since theres a thread hijack already in full effect, i might as well go with it....

heres one article i remember reading on it.

http://motomatters.com/opinion/2010/08/02/those_ducati_winglets_what_are_they_real.html

there are more than get into more of the insiders talking about what they think they are and Stoner talking about what he THINKS they are and such.

No doubt Lorenzo is extremely smooth and fast , a great combination b/c it's easy on the bike , but let's see what kind of technical insight/feedback he can give to engineers to develop an all-new bike in '12 . Furasawa and Burgess have said repeatedly over the years that Rossi's detailed analysis of motorcycle dynamics is uncanny , making him as much engineer as rider , even calling the M1 , Rossi's baby . Lorenzo may be the next prodigy capable of such tasks , we'll see . As for next season , I think that Yamaha is such a well organized team and the M1 so quick and easily adaptable to different styles , that Spies will surprise his teammate and contend . And Rossi will be right there too of course ! But my 'fantasy season' is VR riding the Suzuki :D .

If Spies is very competitive and running with Lorenzo more often than not, I wonder if we will read of Lorenzo whining his teammate is benefitting from his development of the bike?

Stoner proves to me again that he is the best rider out there, able to adapt to a new machine so quickly, great riders can do that. Now he needs to learn how to stop crashing. :D
If the Honda has better front-end feel than the Ducati did in 2010, it might be a boring year of Stoner checking out most weekends.

I read something yesterday that he commented how smooth the Honda's power was, while all year Pedrosa and Dovi complained how tough it was to manage. Head games maybe? If that is the case Dovizioso will be a pile of quivering goo by the end 2011, completely psyched out and overwhelmed by how much better his two teammates are than him.

Jami,

Rossi will be fast on the Ducati. Your ranting on how he is washed up are almost as misguided as your "Bayliss sucks" tirades a few years ago. BTW, Spies will push Lorenzo very hard next year, lets see how Lorenzo will react.

Matthew
He should, cuz Stoner was making it rock quite a few times this year.:rolleyes: All he has to do is ride it as fast as Stoner.:wacky

Don't know how anyone can say Rossi is washed up
He's in the prime of his life

I just hope Ducati can give him what he needs
yamaha could as they were a progressive,giant japanese corporation who could basically build what he asked for
hope ducati can make his bike by next season.
Sure they have a few tricks up their sleaves
they have a composite chassis(i reckon BST helped them there as they have maybe the most experience in the world with structual composites and motorcycles,) which is easily modified shaped etc
but what can they do with that engine?-seems to be the archaic element imo.no where to go with it unlike the japanese powerplants

No doubt Lorenzo is extremely smooth and fast , a great combination b/c it's easy on the bike , but let's see what kind of technical insight/feedback he can give to engineers to develop an all-new bike in '12 . Furasawa and Burgess have said repeatedly over the years that Rossi's detailed analysis of motorcycle dynamics is uncanny , making him as much engineer as rider , even calling the M1 , Rossi's baby . Lorenzo may be the next prodigy capable of such tasks , we'll see . As for next season , I think that Yamaha is such a well organized team and the M1 so quick and easily adaptable to different styles , that Spies will surprise his teammate and contend . And Rossi will be right there too of course ! But my 'fantasy season' is VR riding the Suzuki :D .
I think the loss of Furasawa will hurt Yamaha every bit as much as the loss Rossi.

You did see the part where I said "testing still going btw" right? Things change .
Or the part where I said they are both testing 3 engines and firing orders so not to expect fast times at all, considering that every other team is only testing one engine and firing order.
Typical.

Final test times:

Po.*Name*TeamGap First
1Lorenzo J. Yamaha Factory Racing 1:32.012
2Stoner C.HRC+0.763
3Spies B.Yamaha Factory Racing +0.866
4Pedrosa D.Repsol Honda Team+0.900
5Simoncelli M.San Carlo Honda Gresini+0.907
6Dovizioso A.Repsol Honda Team+1.178
7Edwards C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.501
8Bautista A.Rizla Suzuki MotoGP+1.546
9Hayden N.Ducati Team+1.704
10Rossi V.Ducati Team+1.870
11Puniet R.Pramac Racing Team+1.902
12Aoyama H.San Carlo Honda Gresini+1.941
13Barbera H.Paginas Amarillas Aspar+2.098
14Crutchlow C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+2.302
15Capirossi L.Pramac Racing Team+2.619
16Elias T.LCR Honda MotoGP+3.046
17Abraham K.Cardion AB Motoracing+3.064
it was mainly is jest:p

then:D

Discussion starter · #51 · (Edited)
well...Stoner just laid down the law in only his 2nd day on a new bike. Beating Lorenzo on his tried and trued championship winning M1.
Rossi was very busy trying a pile of stuff Ducati threw at him. Nicky too, but he was just testing engines.
Ben is looking VERY good already. He also tested a bunch of parts on his new '11 M1.

Pos No. Rider Bike Time Diff Diff Previous
1 27 Casey Stoner Honda 1:32.066
2 99 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1:32.179 0.113 0.113
3 11 Ben Spies Yamaha 1:32.322 0.256 0.143
4 58 Marco Simoncelli Honda 1:32.450 0.384 0.128
5 26 Dani Pedrosa Honda 1:32.497 0.431 0.047
6 69 Nicky Hayden Ducati 1:32.583 0.517 0.086
7 19 Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1:32.738 0.672 0.155
8 14 Randy de Puniet Ducati 1:32.836 0.770 0.098
9 4 Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1:32.942 0.876 0.106
10 7 Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 1:33.105 1.039 0.163
11 40 Hector Barbera Ducati 1:33.168 1.102 0.063
12 5 Colin Edwards Yamaha 1:33.325 1.259 0.157
14 65 Loris Capirossi Ducati 1:33.740 1.674 0.257
15 46 Valentino Rossi Ducati 1:33.761 1.695 0.021
16 17 Karel Abraham Ducati 1:33.793 1.727 0.032
17 24 Toni Elias Honda 1:34.800 2.734 1.007
13 35 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha 1:33.483 1.417 0.158

what do you thin k Spies is telling Cal?

probably sounds something like

" i don't know man, i won the WSBK championship on your bike, pretty easily and you won ....one race. I was up in the top 4 on the same M1 this time last year....and you're last. Maybe put down your purse so you can use both hands on the bike?

Attachments

Rossi didn't test Screamer today but Nicky did and based on that and both
their Big Bang data Preziosi said "that they will prob choose Big Bang."

If that becomes official then the 360º Big Bang firing order is what you ought to
try yourself... its what I know and love best about the RC30 and RC45... not to
mention the 360º Big Bang firing order is also what Old Baldy loves the best
about his Ducati V2 even though he won't admit it...

Cool pics drsus. I wonder if Jorge will sport the #1 plate next year? I think he should.
Yeah, I was wondering that too. He did do a whole online survey with fans to pick his "99" number, so I wonder if it means anything to him or he will just use #1.

Ironically, YAMAHA still don't have a factory team sponsor... does that tell you something? :eek:

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.