Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts
THAN YOU ****ING IDIOT, THAN!

ROSSI FASTER THAN NICKY

IF YOU WERE LITERATE, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THIS

I KNOW WHY......CAUSE NICKY SUX!:rockon

Stoner already faster than Pedrosa, and Spies already at Lorenzos heels.... just testing, but its nice to see neither is struggling right off the bat.
Rossi and Hayden are testing 3 different engines and different firing orders with some of them....i wouldn't expect any kind of fast laps out of them this time around.

1 Lorenzo J. Yamaha Factory Racing 1:32.511
2 Spies B.Yamaha Factory Racing +0.367
3 Stoner C.HRC+0.750
4 Pedrosa D.Repsol Honda Team+0.825
5 Simoncelli M.San Carlo Honda Gresini+1.067
6 Edwards C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.303
7 Rossi V.Ducati Team+1.371
8 Hayden N.Ducati Team+1.487
9 Bautista A.Rizla Suzuki MotoGP+1.559
10 Dovizioso A.Repsol Honda Team+1.772
11 Puniet R.Pramac Racing Team+1.966

YEAH... SPIES IS A MONSTER!!!!

Many Podiums Next Year.

Attachments

Ducati wont say what they are. They are not downforce fins though. All aero expert chimed in and broke down how they wouldn't create any at that size, placement or shape.

Most experts agree that the fins are there to reduce air flow pressure in front of radiators in order to allow more air to enter the radiators at higher speed. The ducati had to sacrifice power early in the season due to cooling issues, which have magically been cured and power is up since the appearance of the fins.

Haydens bike doesnt have them....They were tested for "down force" issues if I remember correctly, in fact during one race this year they discussed it?

Are those downforce "fins" on the side of his fairing? :cool:
Stoner talked about them on an interview that was on motogpod a while back. they are supposed to help control the tendency to wheelie. Stoner said that they were pretty much useless as the bike didn't have enough grunt to really worry about it at the speeds where they started to generate any real downforce. his words not mine. they have been running them for quite a few rounds now.

I tend to believe the winglets are to generate an area of low pressure behind them at the radiator exits to "pull" air through the fairing and allow the radiator to be more effective. In theory if you could get more air velocity through the radiator, you could reduce the area of the radiator which would improve frontal area and lower drag. Even though the winglets generate drag themselves, the net effect could be positive.

I tend to believe the winglets are to generate an area of low pressure behind them at the radiator exits to "pull" air through the fairing and allow the radiator to be more effective. In theory if you could get more air velocity through the radiator, you could reduce the area of the radiator which would improve frontal area and lower drag. Even though the winglets generate drag themselves, the net effect could be positive.
Are you implying then that there is room for improvement in frontal area (particularly in the area of the radiator) on a V4? I mean, geez, I had been led to believe that rad width was totally irrelevant, that the only thing that mattered was the engine's actual width. Could it be that Larry has been misleading us all this time? lol

Are you implying then that there is room for improvement in frontal area (particularly in the area of the radiator) on a V4? I mean, geez, I had been led to believe that rad width was totally irrelevant, that the only thing that mattered was the engine's actual width. Could it be that Larry has been misleading us all this time? lol
dude you are starting to boarder on the "just as absurd" side of things. you arguably post more anti V4/Larry crap than Larry posts pro. He's just been at it longer. not trying to start a rivalry or anything. I think you are a decent poster and such, but it's gone beyond funny jabs and is now just as annoying. I may be the only one thinking this, but maybe it's time to check yourself and practice what you would like Larry to. Just a thought

Meh, I wanna see Lorenzo repeat in an even MORE dominating fashion. If that's possible.:woot:
he still hasn't beat Doohan's win ratio. he did get the most points scored in a season, but there are more races now. So Doohan still has the most dominating seasons.

Please accept my heart-felt apology if I momentarily steered the posting away from the prevalent "Rossi is gay/Nicky sucks/leghumpers....." pattern.... ;)

he still hasn't beat Doohan's win ratio. he did get the most points scored in a season, but there are more races now. So Doohan still has the most dominating seasons.
He overshadowed any season put together by Rossi with Rossi as his teammate.:eek:

21 - 40 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.