1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,462 Posts

That bike ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ would more than likely bring me back to Honda!

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
That would be very cool. It's about time that Big Red pulled their finger out. Aprilia will likely shit their pants, if true.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Honda should build this bike so all the V4 lovers and complainers about Honda not building anything cool can find a reason not to buy it. Then Honda will be sitting with a bunch of them in the warehouses and regret making it and spending the money developing it.:rolleyes:

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Old man Honda is dead, I don't see the beancounters in charge going forward with something like this, especially after the VFR 1200 bellyflop they created.:twocents

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Old man Honda is dead, I don't see the beancounters in charge going forward with something like this, especially after the VFR 1200 bellyflop they created.:twocents
It's funny because Honda dealers around here have been instructed to say the bike is a "success" in spite of the fact they have plenty gathering dust in showrooms and warehouses. :wacky
A second hand K1200S (the bike Honda modeled the VFR1200F after) will set up back 8000-9000€. A second hand K1300S (lighter, better handling, more powerful version of above) will cost about 13 grands. You have to be mad or an hardcore V4 fan to get a VFR.
No, scratch that, not even Larry wants one! :D

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Ahh, but this bike will not be anything like the VF1200 in concept or execution. THAT bike was an answer to a problem no-one was asking, IMO. Automatic gearbox on a 1200cc, heavy, sporting bike? Really? Someone going to migrate from a scooter to that thing?

And Dawg.....I hear ya! Big, brawny, V-twins for me too. But the Honda V4 would be cool, if it happened.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Get it at

Honda should build this bike so all the V4 lovers and complainers about Honda not building anything cool can find a reason not to buy it. Then Honda will be sitting with a bunch of them in the warehouses and regret making it and spending the money developing it.:rolleyes:
And then we can get them cheap in Mexico with a wad of pesos.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The Ultimate Sin

And it will have a destroked motor developed from the VFR 1200!!!!

Cruiser to racebike, I wonder how that will go:wtf

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

All reeeeeeeeeet... an RVF1000 based on the success of the race bred RC45...
thats what I've been talking about...

·
Registered
2,868 Posts

All reeeeeeeeeet... an RVF1000 based on the success of the race bred RC45...
thats what I've been talking about...

Can't wait to hear why you won't buy it , after all the RC45 must ... remain ... the ... pinnacle:banghead ... remain ... the ... pinnacle:banghead ...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Can't wait to hear why you won't buy it , after all the RC45 must ... remain ... the ... pinnacle:banghead ... remain ... the ... pinnacle:banghead ...
I've said it a hundred times before... Mr.RC45 with the VIN number of balls 2...
found down in Tijuana Mexico for 8K is the undisputed bike of my dreams and it
will end my riding career one way or the other... so enjoy your race bred V4...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
In that light, why not just re-introduce the RC45.... maybe, like wine, it will have gotten better with age :) On a positive note, it could hardly do worse in competition this time around than it did last time, lol

1 - 20 of 66 Posts