Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hearing that the US Moto GP is now in jeopardy because Michelin are not sure if their tire can stay together down the cork screw. According to their press release the compression at the bottom of the screw, married to the immense power of the bikes means that they will not guarantee their tire will last the distance.

Michelin have suggested, through secret tests, that the race be run in two legs and they are no suggestions to build a chicane as it would be apparently dangerous to do so given the nature of the track. Besides, some of the riders, who have already been consulted, know the track and are not prepared to accept a chicane as any advantage they have with circuit knowledge will be lost. This apparently came from some of the former WSBK riders, not hard to work out what riders, who are still in Moto GP and know this could be their only chance of glory.

Bridgestone were quick to issue their response and said, after the F1 fiasco you would have thought Michelin would have got their act together. It’s no surprise that the Bridgestone runners are not having any of this as they are confident their tire can do the job no matter what compound the riders chose.

Bernie Ecclestone was asked his opinion and he quickly rebutted the suggestion that it was his fault, replying that the trickle down theory did not apply to motorsport and the ills of F1 were not infectious.

I hope to give you more news as I think it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: US Moto GP now in trouble. (Harvey T.)

In related news, Ecclestone mentioned that Max Biaggi looks best dressed in white, like any other kitchen appliance.

Not sure what he meant by that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: US Moto GP now in trouble. (Dave)

AZ, so Ecclestone has an opinion.....F1 could have a future....not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I heard that they found out Rossi is running with 2WD 1300cc bike. They are making him start from the last position. That is why he has been winning all the of the races.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.....this just posted..

"For the tire manufacturers it's going to be a very difficult race, despite their best calculated estimations. With no MotoGP experience at the US circuit exactly how the combination of the track surface, track temperature and the 240 plus horsepower will affect the compounds and constructions will be difficult to predict and could have a very significant influence on the outcome of the race. However despite all the efforts of the engineers, chief mechanics and tire technicians track knowledge will play a bigger part in the result of the US GP. In addition the rider's ability to compensate for the neutral balance of the bike by adjusting their body weight to maximize traction will also be a key."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (ricknadine1111)

freze my ass here in SF i cant see how it could be hot in a couple days in Monterey.. ill get a jacket with my just in case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Giannis)

Hmmmmm. Freezing. Must be nice. I could go for some of that. That reminds me. Has riding weather started for Smitty yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get away from San Fran and you will be amazed at how much it will warm up. Then again the coldest winter I have ever seen was a summer in Monterey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts