Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen other members here with a upper fairing that has one headlight deleted, my question is where do I get one for my self?
thanks in advance :rockon
joe

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Couple choices. Are you wanting an endurance style fairing with 1 round headlight? Most of those the owner made his own.
There are headlight covers some use, most are made of carbon fiber, or color matched.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm interested in this, too. As for me, I'm looking for an endurance upper fairing, something with a light-weight light that will keep me street-legal yet be easy to cover up for track days. Google is NOT your friend. ;)

My fall back plan if I can't find one is to just put on the race bodywork and buy some driving light from auto zone or something and attach to the upper fairing where I can easily remove it for track duty.

Of course the headlight cover is also an option. Will those cover the hole if you take the light out or does the light have to stay in for it to mount to the fairing? And anyone know where to get one for the '05+ bikes color-matched?

·
Munky
532 Posts
Wish I had some pictures of my buddies bike.

He kept his race glass on and just mounted some slick oval lights from Pepboys. He reinforced the back and bottom with some aluminum brackets. He never did any riding at night and just wanted to pass state laws. Worked well for like $30. When we did a track day he would just take the lights off.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bummer, I was hoping that there was a company that made em.... and since I now need a upper, Id just buy one.... well I guess Ill play with some glass then.... yay:banghead

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my bike was patiently waiting to get loaded up after the track day on say, and the hot tar got the best of it, my upper, windscreen and stay are a bit messed up...

·
750 Posts
I'm interested in this, too. As for me, I'm looking for an endurance upper fairing, something with a light-weight light that will keep me street-legal yet be easy to cover up for track days. Google is NOT your friend. ;)

My fall back plan if I can't find one is to just put on the race bodywork and buy some driving light from auto zone or something and attach to the upper fairing where I can easily remove it for track duty.

Of course the headlight cover is also an option. Will those cover the hole if you take the light out or does the light have to stay in for it to mount to the fairing? And anyone know where to get one for the '05+ bikes color-matched?
Would this be of any interest to you?

Attachments

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
darn that sucks man. I am hopefully picking up my forks from 2K tomorrow (I dinged a slider pretty good). and I got rear sets from Kurt waiting on a muffler from someone on here...
You don't happen to have a spare right side can i could get cheap or borrow till i get my muffler? Otherwise I will run to Sportwheels in Jordan to rummage through thier junk exhaust to find a savable can. I will need one that is quieter than my MotoGP style can for longer trips anyways...

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
yes a right side only. I went to a Jardine 2-1 full system. and got rid of my Sato's:(:(:(:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd love to find some vinyl headlight covers, that match my upper fairing colors, that are perforated, or something, to let the lights do their business! Something I don't have to take off and look like part of the fairing when bike is off!

I've seen them on an RC before! Didn't get a chance to ask the guy where he got them though!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did this to mine after a bad lowside that badly scratch and crack my headlights. I change to racing farings and used the stock headlight. I can unscrew the clear cover and block it with another one for track days. I also change the wiring for a high beam and night ilumination is just fine. I took a lot of work but it can be done!

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have two uppers I might be willing to part with.... one has the left headlight glassed... the other has the right headlight glassed. Heres a pic of what they they look like.

Its the best shot I have at the moment. Its now black.... i can sand and primer if needed. The one with the left headlight glassed is sanded but needs a coat of primer.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I always liked that song.... :clapper
I also found a guy that can make em out of oe grade plastic that uses one of the stock lights... now I have to think a bit...... DAMNIT :banghead

1 - 20 of 22 Posts