Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my certified check from the bank ready to purchase the 05 black one. I did not let them know this until I talked the talk(getting the price down.) Well much to my surprise, they would not budge. We started talking about along I had been riding and what kind of bike I have. I told the young lad, I had been riding for the past 31 years and I just sold my 00 zx9. Well I got back on the pricing and they would not do nothing on the price,but he would throw in a helmet. I told them I had enough helmet's and just knock off $500 of the $11,900. So by that time I was frustrated, after all I bought all my bikes from them,well most of them. He said to me wait until september after the dealer's bike show and by that time the price will go down. I asked if he knew(this is the manager) about a new rc for 06. He tell's me definatley something is going to be new for the rc. Well long story short I did not buy the 05. And I will wait this out and see what happen's. Oh I forgot to mention this, the young salesman say's to me(he's comparing my zx9 to the rc51),Your zx9 is formula1 car and the RC is nascar.He tried to sway me over to look at the zx10 and Gsxr1000. He told me he had Gsxr and could wheelie everywhere. I then asked him who's the one looking to buy a bike, he said I apologise. That's when I started to talk to the manager.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Update on RC51(dealer Input said) (kriszx9r)

anything for a sale..

dont let em charge you set-up, honda pays the dealer to set em up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Update on RC51(dealer Input said) (kriszx9r)

Sounds to me like you need to find a new dealer. Every dealer around here was willing to knock at least 900 off the 11995 MSRP. I got my 05 for 10900 out the door and never bought a single bike from them even made the deal over the phone. I also doubt there is anything new in the works for an 06 RC. I haven't read anything in all my mags and the dealer I bought mine from thinks this may be the last year for the RC
I tend to agree if we see an 06 it will just be the same bike there is nothing in it for Honda to continue to develop the bike since they no longer race a twin and the RC is basically a niche market now. That being said I love mine it makes me smile just thinking about riding it. Best bike I've owned yet nothing like a twin find another dealer and buy one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I'm going to the other dealer tomorrow, freekin 30 min. away. Traffic everywhere, anytime of day. I'll keep you guy;s posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

I think you should get a price quote from the more distant dealer then go back to your dealership and have a cup of coffee with the manager. Don't pull out the quote unless you need it. Talk to him about the bikes you have owned, talk to him about the bike you really want (the RC51 of course) and make sure he realizes that you are the kind of guy future sales rest upon (you may not even have to say it). He should be concerned about earning money not just on the sale of the bike, but on parts and possibly service in the future, and he shouldn't forget future bike sales or he won't be in business for long.
If they still won't budge, he's a dumbass and doesn't deserve your money, go elsewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Hoovenater)

That sounds like too much work. Why go and get a better quote from someone else just to go back to the jerk that wouldn't budge and try to get him to match it. If the dealer won't give you a decent deal off the bat f him and go somewhere else especially considering you are a repeat customer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (rc74racer)

you can go to http://www.southernhonda.com and get one for a couple grand cheaper than that dealer and its not too far from where you live, youd save yourself a whole lotta money , i recently was a manager at a honda powerhouse store in franklin tennessee and i tell you what , with as much freight and prep they charge its insane, go to southern honda in chattanooga tennessee its like going to mcdonalds and ordering a burger, you walk in knowing what you want and they build it for you and you go home happy, if anyone out there wants to know dealer invoices on stuff pm me i know all the little secrets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts