Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I emailed scott just now, but I figured I would ask here too:

Does anyone know if ANY of the rear 84mm brembo's off of any ducati will work? Or does it have to be a specific model? There are quite a few of the ducati rear calipers on ebay and I would probably be able to save a considerable amount of money going that way too.

If anyone has a kit laying around and wouldn't mind, I'd like a few measurements: The length of the brake line, and the distance from the mounting face of the caliper to the centerline of the rotor.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
There are quite a few of the ducati rear calipers on ebay and I would probably be able to save a considerable amount of money going that way too.
Be VERY careful! Not everything that says Brembo is actually a real Brembo. Most are cheap knockoff garbage being sold by rats and mice trying to steal your money. ;)

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know I should stay away from the "bermbo"s. As tempting as it may be to spend $20 on a piece of junk, I think I can resist :woot:

I'm just thinking that they are all the same, and it looks like they are other than the possibility of different models based on rotor thickness. I'll have to look into that.

And yes, there is the possibility to save a decent amount of money, I might be able to get a slightly used oem ducati unit for close to $50. So that is half the price of a new one. I haven't seen them new for anywhere south of $95 + shipping. Mark, if you know of a place to get them new for $80, post up a link please.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
And yes, there is the possibility to save a decent amount of money, I might be able to get a slightly used oem ducati unit for close to $50. So that is half the price of a new one. .
I forget which model it was but there are a few Ducati ones that will work on that bracket...and you can find em used cheap on eBay. I will see if I can dig up the info!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Mine came from a Ducati SS750 I believe, can't remember which year sorry. Don't know about rotor thicknesses either but it does work perfectly with the lighter of the 2 Galfer rear rotors available from Scott.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Yeah, I know I should stay away from the "bermbo"s. As tempting as it may be to spend $20 on a piece of junk, I think I can resist :woot:

I'm just thinking that they are all the same, and it looks like they are other than the possibility of different models based on rotor thickness. I'll have to look into that.

And yes, there is the possibility to save a decent amount of money, I might be able to get a slightly used oem ducati unit for close to $50. So that is half the price of a new one. I haven't seen them new for anywhere south of $95 + shipping. Mark, if you know of a place to get them new for $80, post up a link please.
i am that place:D i will sell you one for $80 shipped with part numbers in sand cast black the real deal

hope this helps:notworthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts