Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
well have the new ladybird motogps installed, and the turnone airbox.

Because I am no mechanic I had them done at a bike shop and the guy said the snorkel shouldnt be installed on the roadbike as the headlights hang loose (or something like that).

So, anyone have the snorkel on a purely road setup and have any issues installing? Brett sent me some pics but just wondering if anyone had any probs or tips for installing the snorkel.

I also have the radiator scoops and I believe some fairing mods are required to install - again does anyone have any experience putting these on? I really dont want to have to modify the stock fairings...

And finally, anyone with tips on improving the filtering on the turnone airbox, it looks a bit flimsy...

Now if only the BST wheels arrive i'll be happy...

any help much appreciated!

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Ive done a couple thousand miles on my street SP1 with the T1 intake without problems.
Did have to grind a couple mm of the top of the headlight to make room for the air-sensor though. Took about 10sec with the Dremel.

As to the filter, I bought a big foamfilter from a Kawasaki (local dealer) and cut a piece of it. Wanted to get something I would be able to get a replacement for w/o problems.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have my snorkel installed, no problem with either headlight. There's a possibility your snorkel was one of the few that had a manufacturing problem related to the jigs. If that's the case, it may not fit properly between the headlights (pushing them apart IIRC). He's warrantying those items if that sounds like it could be you. I'd also be interested in a better filter for my street RC.

·
Registered
947 Posts
if a "bike shop" told you it was a bad idea to install that snorkel cause the head lights will flop around, you need to find someone else to do your work.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've had a few emails on the back of this post so here's the wash up:

1/ The Airbox is supplied with a 2 x filter element media and slide out retaining mesh , stock pod type Airfilters
are not suitable for use with the performance Airbox. I have used this filter media on my bikes for over 10years without any premature engine wear or mechanical issues.
Some guy's modify flat type K&N filters(TLR1000R is a good starting point for this, see pic) or Uni filter element is another option,
Personal preference really, but remember that too much filtration will restrict airflow and performance gains will suffer.

2/ The Carbon Intake is a straight up bolt off/bolt on fit to road bikes with stock headlights and OEM upper fairing plastics. The 2 rear plastic dowls/pins on the headlights are not required and have never caused any issues when running the Carbon Intake, the main headlight mounts are the 3 screws fixing them to the front of the upper fairing and all thats required.

3/ The only cutting required for the scoops are to cut away the mid section of the front inner black V-cowl.

4/ Intake chageover offer:The issue was with the head stem mounting holes being slightly out of position causing the front upper fairing mount hole to sit to high.The problem was the jigs use to drill the holes had become worn over time , thus the holes ran out.
This was only a problem on Gen 2 Intakes produced from around March till around September this year.
All the intakes are same width and are firm fit between OEM headlights, this has never caused me any mounting issues on all Intakes I have installed personally.

Cheers , Brett

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.