Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else have final fitment issues in regards to how the upper fairings fit?

Awesome product and construction everything just fits a little off

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My issue isn't between the headlights at least I don't think. It's the hole drilled for the screw between the headlights it doesn't line up by about 10mm and I basically forced it into place I think I'm gonna take the screw out and drill a new hole.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
FWIW When I used to have the gen one... I had NO issues with line up on My fairings, Your front Fairings should have enough movement up and down to make it work!

Again, that is the way it was with "Mine" before I sold it.

Peace Jeff

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thank yoy sir and it fit but I had to really force it all into place and I just don't like the idea of the stress I'm putting on it all

I remember now.... IF You installed the RAM AIR Duct and just tighten them all down.... ? Then That IS Your problem!

Make sure ALL the bolts were started and push straight back on the duct and lightly snugged one bolt each side. Then I installed and check fit my Fairing... YOU have movement in the RAMAIR Duct too! Sorry I forgot to mention that.(^_-) After You have it ALL together "without and binding" Then finish snugging up the rest of the bolts

I Hope this Helps!...?

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome!!! Yea I'm going to take your advise sir and redo the whole install. If I can't get it right Im going to just put the sticker back on and sell the t1. It really is a great and well constructed product but Im too big to race so squeezing every little pony for the sake of hurting my wonderful bile isn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Did anyone else have final fitment issues in regards to how the upper fairings fit?

Awesome product and construction everything just fits a little off
G'Day all,

I have had a few emails from customers regarding fittment issues with the most recent run of Gen 2 Intakes,(seems to be among some,but not all,of parts produced in the past 3 months).

Having remeasured and checked over templates and drilling jigs it looks to be that hole locations have run out slightly due to repeated drilling wear on the jigs.

A quick fix for people having these issues maybe be to oversize the headstem mounting holes from 7 to 9mm allowing more movement in all directions in order to align the front fairing mount.
Best to rest the inside the Intake on the corner of a work bench, supporting the aliminum plate from behind when drilling.
- slow,sharp drill bit is best suited.

If you still have fittment issue's or are not 100% happy with Intakes purchased direct from me in the past 6 months , I am offering exchange parts an will also pay return and onwards shipping costs.

I can't offer much support on knock off,copie's,2nd hand or Gen 1 units that are long out of production.

Kind Regards, Brett

TurnOne Carbon Australia

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.