Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
WOW!
You sold your RC51 Already! Didn't you just buy your RC51 like a month or 3 ago...:eek: OR am I thinking of someone else!?!

GLWS & BUMP

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it last summer ('09). I didn't get to ride it much because I deployed last November. From the riding I did do, I realized it wasn't the bike for me. I picked up a few bits here and there in an effort to make it what I wanted, but I never got around to installing them. Oh well. Cheaper than a boat I guess.

BTW, are you actually a WTI or is that just a Speedzilla name?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is that a crack the length of the air box?
When these Airboxes are manufactured ,they are molded in a split,2 peice mold, the line you can see is the point at which the two molds are bolted together,the resin runs into the join in the molds leaving the line you can see on the molded underside of the Airbox, this does not effect the structaul build of the part at all, you'll see these lines on alot other plastic moldings as well. (check out the OEM intake)
The Airbox is manufactured in one peice and once cured ,the mold is then split to remove the finished part.
As the Airboxes are performance and not costmetic parts plus the underside of the Airbox is not visible once installed, it does not warrant that the seam line be cut back and polished out.
Cheers , Brett

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brett, Thanks for clearing that up for everyone...I feel a lot better about it.

Everyone else...pm's replied to.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it Nick, thanks for the quick shipping.

Bump for a good seller.
Gratuitous bump to reply to say "you're welcome." That really was some quick shipping...I'm amazed it got there already.

Now would someone please buy the damn seat so I can get it out of my house?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts