Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Turn Deal's Gap into an Interstate? (TLSer)

I would not worry to much, I work in transportation, it's a slow go at best. You might see a road in 20 years there after they finish satisfying all the tree hugger types.

I have not lost anything there if it happened tomorrow, I hate the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you been to that particular stretch of road? It'd cost them far too much to bore through the moutain and create straight flat sections big enough to be considered interstate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (stk0308)

That's what I was thinking. If they do it I'd be about ready for the grave be the time they finish it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you been to that particular stretch of road? It'd cost them far too much to bore through the moutain and create straight flat sections big enough to be considered interstate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It could be done trust me I've seen way more complicated terrain with a roadway built on/through it, West Virginia comes to mind. The terrain won't be the hold up, the tree huggers and the enviromentilist types will be screaming bloody murder. Before any road can be built it must now have a enviromental impact report done up front and those alone can take years. The old days of a bulldozer and a few good men are long gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts