Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Turbo? Diesel?? (Taildragger)

theres a writeup on it in the latest sportrider magazine. 1.2L vw polo tdi engine, weighs in around 455lbs with 75-80hp and 150ft lbs of torque. throw in a chip and get around 120hp and 250 torque. supposed to be something 150mpg too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Turbo? Diesel?? (DougS.)

I read that in SportRider. Can you imagine 250 ftlbs of torque?? How the heck does the tread stay attached to the rear tire?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (RC51inJapan)

I assume Jay Leno will be getting one!

Wouldn't that thing have tremendous engine braking?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I assume Jay Leno will be getting one!

Wouldn't that thing have tremendous engine braking? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you say Jakebrake

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Dezmo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dezmo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG! its got BST carbon fiber wheels!
dont you ppl know, deys asplode!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, that 250 ftlbs of torque should test those BST's nicely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Turbo? Diesel?? (Taildragger)

There is a Kubota turbo diesel powered cruiser floating around the Minneapolis area. -Spoke with the bikes maker at a "first Thursday" event in town. -Nice guy.
The bike has a single-sided swingarm with hydraulic final drive!

I'll try to post a picture of it soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Vandal996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vandal996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does it come with a trailer hitch?</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Turbo? Diesel?? (sparky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparky »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The bike has a single-sided swingarm with hydraulic final drive!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
That sounds interesting. But VERY Weird

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Turbo? Diesel?? (TBONE)

The strangest part was standing next to the bike while it was running and smelling diesel fumes!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Turbo? Diesel?? (rad23racer)

Now THAT would be a good hauler to take the bike to the track....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (RC51inJapan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inJapan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd rock it! Probably gonna be expensive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rumor has it not much more than todays high end bikes (Millie, 999, MV). Five bucks of gas and go a month...Europe is more into bikes as a alternate mod of transportation vs the US.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts