Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried on several pairs and they all fit badly. Here's my problem, I'm 5'11" and I weigh 230lbs. Even worse I have a 50" chest and a 32" waist. Everything I try on to fit my upper body is to damn big in the waist. I'm going to have to go the route of having leathers made unless someone knows of a particular brand or style suit that might fit me...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Trying to find leathers to fit me is starting to suck... (HanZcap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HanZcap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Even worse I have a 50" chest and a 32" waist. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy crap!! You must look like an upside down triangle.
I hate to say it, but custom or two piece is probably going to be the only way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put down the creatine
If you find a smokin deal you can always have it altered.

there is a guy on ebay that makes custom sized suits pretty reasonable. A lot of guys bash him but I have seen two of his suits at the track and they were really quite nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Custom is about all you going to find. The fit is the best that way. You'll thank me later especially with your measurements!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Arnold! I did not know you rode an RC too - Are you also in Kaleefournia?!?!

There is a guy I ordered my suit from - it is still coming up to about $900, but with removable liner, full size hump, lettering, etc, etc. They make great suits. I have a Z as well, but it cost way more than this one.

I am 6' 3", 48-50 Chest, 38 Waist (I know, eat less sweeties). If you decide on custom, lemme know, I can refer you to him. Otherwise, go 2-Piece. Joe Rockets are cut pretty generously.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Do what I did loose weight.
Seriously I loved to lift. Used to be 5'11" 235lbs.
Nothing would fit though. Tried everything I could get my hands on. Til finally I came to the conclusion I'm spreading myself too thin. Too many hobbies in conflict. My emphasis is on endurance these days and now my weight is at 205lbs. I did make it to 190lbs. a while ago but that was on the boat. Its easy to loose weight on the boat though.

BTW I just got a Suomy one piece size 58 fits as if it were taylord.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn... you must need real stiff springs to keep that front from bottoming.... all that upper body mass.

you must see nothing but yourself when you look in your mirrors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an Alpinestars jacket and Alpinestars track pants that can zip together from New Enough which have accurate descriptions,pics and size recomendations[if you don't mind 2pc.]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HanZcap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've tried on several pairs and they all fit badly. Here's my problem, I'm 5'11" and I weigh 230lbs. Even worse I have a 50" chest and a 32" waist. Everything I try on to fit my upper body is to damn big in the waist. I'm going to have to go the route of having leathers made unless someone knows of a particular brand or style suit that might fit me... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Say no more, call this number, ask for Darrin, tell him the old man refered you, and case closed. They will make you a set of leathers that will fit and look so good, you won't want to ride anymore. You will just be posing.

Darrin at RS Taichi...310-326-2867

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (tutzo51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tutzo51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn... you must need real stiff springs to keep that front from bottoming.... all that upper body mass.

you must see nothing but yourself when you look in your mirrors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL I have the same problem...6'3" 300lb 56" chest, 38-40 inch waist...then back to 28-30" for each thigh!!! I'm stuck with mis-matching a coat/ pants till I can put together the dough for a custom suit!
actually, I should say I'm stuck with a jacket and some HD Icon Jeans till I can afford a custom suit...lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (sizmtrz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sizmtrz »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL I have the same problem...6'3" 300lb 56" chest, 38-40 inch waist...then back to 28-30" for each thigh!!! I'm stuck with mis-matching a coat/ pants till I can put together the dough for a custom suit!
actually, I should say I'm stuck with a jacket and some HD Icon Jeans till I can afford a custom suit...lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

DOOODE!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (sizmtrz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sizmtrz »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually, I should say I'm stuck with a jacket and some HD Icon Jeans till I can afford a custom suit...lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

roflmao...holy crap I have been lifting for 5 years and went from 175-225 ... What kind of juice do you monsters drink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Rocryder)

Juice??? LOL genetics bro...sorry...crap my friggin wrists are almost 9.5" around! LOL and my neck is closing in on 22" the only thing I didnt get are ankles! LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocryder »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">roflmao...holy crap I have been lifting for 5 years and went from 175-225 ... What kind of juice do you monsters drink
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just been doing it like religion for the past 10yrs. Found out early on what works. Old school as in Mike Mentzer.
It started out with a simple plan, you know put on some extra beef, fill out my sleeves. Kinda like my plan to just put some pipes on the RC. Just snow balls, eventually you get caught up in it. Before you know it your buying jeans that fit your 30" thighs even if it means always having to wear a belt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocryder »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

roflmao...holy crap I have been lifting for 5 years and went from 175-225 ... What kind of juice do you monsters drink
</TD></TR></TABLE>

and besides that... 50lbs of lean mass is HUGE in a 5yr span!!!!!

I started with a Endomorphic 240lb frame at 20% bf ...now at 300 im closer to 14% bf... for my make up to get leaner than that would cost me tremendous amounts of mass, though I am now on a mission to drop to 270 ish for wrestling!!! we'll see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Trying to find leathers to fit me is starting to suck... (cehowardrc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cehowardrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Say no more, call this number, ask for Darrin, tell him the old man refered you, and case closed. They will make you a set of leathers that will fit and look so good, you won't want to ride anymore. You will just be posing.

Darrin at RS Taichi...310-326-2867</TD></TR></TABLE>

Coleman, not everyone can afford to shit $2500 for a set of RS custom leathers. There are plenty of places making custom leather suits for the $1000-1500 mark depending on how cutom you want them. When you add lettering and humps, it drastically increases the price of the suit. Most guys ordering custom suits have so much lettering and sponsor crap added, that it more than doubles the price of the suit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocryder »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>
that looks like Lee Priest with black hair! LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Trying to find leathers to fit me is starting to suck... (RC51inItaly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inItaly »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do what I did loose weight.
Seriously I loved to lift. Used to be 5'11" 235lbs.
Nothing would fit though. Tried everything I could get my hands on. Til finally I came to the conclusion I'm spreading myself too thin. Too many hobbies in conflict. My emphasis is on endurance these days and now my weight is at 205lbs. I did make it to 190lbs. a while ago but that was on the boat. Its easy to loose weight on the boat though.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

A good injury can help stickify you too.

The AGV sizing charts would suggest they are cut with a smaller waist too - I need to check them out.

- Kurt

1 - 20 of 42 Posts