Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is a Triumph fan, owns a Daytona 955i and just put money down on the 2006 Triumph Daytona 675. Looks like it'll be a heck of a track day machine. I am looking forward to seeing one up close.
I love the sound of his 955i, can't wait to hear the 675cc machine growl on the track.
Anyone else paying attention to this bike? From what I hear, only 4000 will be available in 2006.

Ken

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
banda said:
I understand from reading my copy of "Torque" (the Triumph RAT quarterly magazine) that the production run of the Datona 675 will be limited to 4000 units worldwide.

I suspect that if you're not already on a dealer's list, that you'll have a hard time putting a 675 under you.
That's what I'm hearing, I would rather wait a year or two to allow them time to iron out the wrinkles. I'm sure by then then it won't be too difficult to pick one up. At this point no one knows jack about it, so time will tell.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Read a good article at Ma's Cycle in Fargo and it looks like the bike has alot going for it. Way narrower than the in line 4. Of course you have more midrange than the supersport 6's which makes it more rider friendly around town.

Should be in country come March from what Bob said?? He also made note that the regional reps will receive one early but the ECU's have been shut off persay. I don't know why, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.mascycles.com/new_vehicle_brochure.asp?Manufacturer=8&Vehicle=24258

·
Registered
226 Posts
If nothing else, that thing looks wicked.:clapper

·
Registered
119 Posts
Supersports rules allow 600cc I4s, 750cc twins. Triumphs thinking is that for a triple the capacity limit should be halfway between the two, 675cc.

Not sure what the World Supersports rules are on this though I would imagine that Triumph wouldn't have dumped a bunch of dough on this without checking.

Looks HOOOT! :eek: From the prototype bike article which is in the latest "BIKE" mag supplement it's definitely a ground-breaking bike. I really hope that the bike isn't hobbled by a lack of development.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
I simply don't understand why Triumph wont embrace new technology on the 955i such as inverted forks. I almost purchase a 955i but held off when I saw it did not have inverted forks. They also put very limited adjustability into the Sprint ST. Suspension appears to be a area where all vendors lack..

·
Registered
530 Posts
TBONE said:
I dont know why they didnt just make a 750!:wtf
I read in a British magazine that a 675cc triple is eligible for world supersport racing - rather than take on the Japanese with another in-line four, they wanted to split the baby between the Japanese and Ducati's 750cc v-twin.

Not sure if that's accurate, but that's what I read.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes’ there has been quite a lot of talk about this bike over here in the UK and some are saying that Triumph are considering racing this machine. I don’t think there are provisions, as yet, for this configuration in either WSS or the BSS. My old mate Jim Moodie who developed the race version 600 Daytona has been linked with this, but I don’t think it’s coming from the factory.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
TBONE said:
I dont know why they didnt just make a 750!:wtf
same reason the rest of 'em don't make a 750,,,,,,,,,,

Suzuki already has that market covered :D :notworthy

·
Registered
757 Posts
Harvey T. said:
Yes’ there has been quite a lot of talk about this bike over here in the UK and some are saying that Triumph are considering racing this machine. I don’t think there are provisions, as yet, for this configuration in either WSS or the BSS. My old mate Jim Moodie who developed the race version 600 Daytona has been linked with this, but I don’t think it’s coming from the factory.
On another board I have seen someone actually cut and pasted the rules from the FIM, and there is no 3 cyl provison. I believe it's the same in BSS. AMA says Supersport is 600cc, no acception for cyl #.

·
Registered
757 Posts
g-man said:
Won't this bike be ineligible for most club racing orgs due to a displacment greater than 640cc?
I'm sure there are club race orgs that have catagories that allow more than 640cc. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts