Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VERY attractive!

Triumph has come a long way in the sportbike arena.

Too bad my 210lb frame would make me look like King Kong while riding it. :banghead
Same here. The Daytona 600 was small for my 6'2" body and 215 pounds. The 675 is noticably smaller than that bike. Still looks very cool.

I wonder what it will cost? If the Japanese have been forced to raise prices due to exchange rates, I wonder is the pound/dollar rate means Triumph can offer a bike with more goodies for the same price as the standard Japanese 600. GSXR600 is almost $12k, I would guess this bike will come in at a price similar.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Very nice. The only thing missing is an underslung exhaust system......

·
Registered
757 Posts
I like it! Wonder if it has an Ohlins Steering Dampner as well.
IF it doesn't it should have one in the Triumph accessory catalog. Triumph cut a deal with Ohlins last year, if this bike is for real(the source is sometimes fooled by internet wishes) maybe that partnership is bearing fruit.

·
Registered
806 Posts
i am 6ft 2, 250lbs and yeah i get the gorilla on a tricycle thing, but damn the bike is a perfect fit for doing anything you can think of.
track use-loads of clearance
street-use-after a gel seat perfect

only thing i can fault is on stock suspension the bike is not a fan of rough pavement, possibly a valving issue?
but i love it more than my 1st gen 10R, 1098 and well barring the mods on my 636 more than that as well.

would be sweet if they throw in the kit cams, and manual CCT..and the KIT ECU along with it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
many say it becomes a problem, my bike has a bit over 10,xxx miles and no issues with it yet.
But i am going to just go with the manual unit once i do the 12,000 mile service on it.
its tempting to do all them kit parts but she works plenty well with a Slip on exhaust and tune.:rockon
guess that under 400lbs wet thing helps for sure.

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Just wondering , is the stock auto CCT a problem ?
As with virtually every 600-class bike which ends up on the race track, its a good idea to change to a manual CCT. If you're an aggressive street rider, you won't have an issue with the stock automatic one.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
More on the 675R; the Ohlin's isn't the OEM "bling" stuff but rather tasty bits. Might have to consider one of these for next year...

Triumph Daytona 675R: not just cheap suspension | Hell for Leather

Triumph Daytona 675R: not just cheap suspension

The big fear when images of the Triumph Daytona 675R leaked with no information was that the Ohlins suspension would be the cheap OEM stuff that’s more about bling than it is mechanical upgrade. Well stop worrying, what you’re looking at is a $1,400 TTX36 shock and the latest, greatest NIX30 forks which cost $1,200 for the cartridge upgrade kits alone. There’s also fancy Brembo Monoblock radial brake calipers and even a Brembo radial master cylinder as well as a standard quickshifter. Still no word on the price.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I think the Brinkley bike may have its hands full with the "other" new 675 triple......

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think the Brinkley bike may have its hands full with the "other" new 675 triple......
Please. The "other" 675 in't in production, and probably won't for another 2 years, if ever. Hinkley is not concerned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts