Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wings loaned me his P.O.S. triple stand so I can install my sick ass clip ons...

Can you beleive this guy hoarding his pit bull for his own bike as I try to get my riser bars on to ride up to Brainerd International Raceway and cheer him on this weekend !!! :mad:

Anyway this thing was made by the weber babeque company and I got up early to machine a pin ... must have got up too early because I forgot to measure the sp-2 triple tree hole:eek:

What is the I.D. or pin size for an sp-2 ???

B.T.W. cycle cat made good stuff :D Thanks Mr. Eaton I know these will give me tons more miles between stops :notworthy:)

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey wingnutt,

IF I was Home I could tell You exactly what You're looking for... BUT I can ONLY guess from what I believe....
"I Think" I want to say the pin size is 22mm

It won't be long... Someone will hook you up 100%

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
460 Posts
not metric ruler here, but measured 1 & 1/16 inch on mine, conversion would be 25mm(ish) if i'm not mistaken. either way, go smaller & should have no problem

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 22mm and 27 mm lunchtime is almost here anyone have a definite answer? (thanks so far guys ! ):confused:

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going home for lunch as well and can measure for you. Check the Pit Bull site...I think they list the pin measurements there.
Thanks wings the site shows # 5 adapter pin :mad:

B.T.W. 3:30 ride from here tommorow.

And I'm gonna pimp your stand :D

how high is your front tire off the ground with this stand ?

I will add detent positions for swapping clip ons :cool:

Plus supr bonus sp-2 pin ;)

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey mang.,
I said... "I Think" 22mm LOL So this most likely is for my Speed Triple.:cool:

1" = 25.7mm.... 1 1/16 is going to be 27mm so Go with 26.0mm, +.5mm: minus nothing and You'll e Golden!:D

Peace

·
Registered
131 Posts
Went with one inch Thanks guys ;)
Can you give some feedback and make/model of the risers once you've used them? I'd like risers that don't look ugly and the only one's I've seen literally looked like toothpicks sticking straight up from the forks holding the clip-ons on. I also don't want to pay a lot so I probably won't be able to find anything that matches my list but I haven't done any research yet. Yours look good, though so I'm interested in hearing about them. Thanks

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All I know for shure is I wish I had the time and parts lst night to do this mod right...stacking aftermarket parts on top of each other takes a lot of patience my master res is too tall so I screwed it directly to the cylinder( I am limited to clip on heigth so thet are down the tube even further than befere) and had to move the gauge foreward and drill new holes in my gen1 snorkel (after dark at tis point) the pro tek top clamp bolt heads want to be at the same place as the cycle cat riser and I need to take it all apart to add magura or brembo so I can go remote with both resivours :rolleyes:

Other than that final adjustment will take a week :rolleyes::(

In the end it will get sorted;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
All I know for shure is I wish I had the time and parts lst night to do this mod right...stacking aftermarket parts on top of each other takes a lot of patience my master res is too tall so I screwed it directly to the cylinder( I am limited to clip on heigth so thet are down the tube even further than befere) and had to move the gauge foreward and drill new holes in my gen1 snorkel (after dark at tis point) the pro tek top clamp bolt heads want to be at the same place as the cycle cat riser and I need to take it all apart to add magura or brembo so I can go remote with both resivours :rolleyes:

Other than that final adjustment will take a week :rolleyes::(

In the end it will get sorted;)
Wow, I totally forgot about the resivoirs and other things not fitting so well. And I didn't think about having to lower the triple and bolting them on top. I'll just have to stick it out and deal with the lower bars :eek:

Please let us all know how it turns out though in the end. They look really cool.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, I didn't think about having to lower the triple and bolting them on top.

Please let us all know how it turns out though in the end. They look really cool.

They are below the top clamp and before I leave for the track Kurt will help me sort it ;)

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh ok I understand now. You were removing the triple so you could get your other clip ons off :eek:
Nope I picked the front wheel off the ground by using my new pin and lift (see picture) then loosened both triples and slid the forks down.;)

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Tom, WHy do you think I was asking you about radial masters? I need them to raise my Clip-ons up.
Are you switching to the dark side of making the RC a better street bike? does this mean she will actually get ridden now? Good for you buddy!! about damn time that thing gets ridden.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.