Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

my name is benny, and i own a 1000rr...

i am thinking about adding some traxxion dynamics fork cartridges and reworked penkse rear shock.

i was wonder if anyone around these parts had experience with them and how they liked the parts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Traxxion Dynamics (motobum)

f#%k Fixxion Dynamics, I wouldn't piss on Max if he was on fire.

Have Thermosman do your work, he was the real brains behind Traxxions best work anyway. http://www.thermosman.com/

Or there is a company called Aftershocks in Norcal that has allegedly found a really good revalve setup for the forks.

The most common option originally was the Ohlins revalve, but most everybody that has done the Ohlins revalve has stated that the return on investment just isn't enough. I ended up with the Ohlins R/T forks & could not be happier, but that isn't an option for everyone.

BTW not that the Penske is bad, but there are a lot more people running the Ohlins shock & therefore a lot more set-up numbers available for baseline from both street riders & pro racers. Plus they are working on a new shock that has a special valving specifically for the HRC linkage (I should have the prototype from Ohlins soon) Just got a SHOWA kit shock yesterday though that I am looking forward to comparing to the standard Ohlins 3-way I have now

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Max comes off as an @$$hole on the forums but he's knowledgable and friendly on the phone.

His work is good but he's not the end-all be-all of suspension work. That said, skip Lindlemann Engineering... I've seen and heard of problems with a few forks done by them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Traxxion Dynamics (LDH)

well, shit.... and i just wrote you and e-mail, well nevermind.

so just go with ohlins forks and shock from DAN KYLE?

does he just send me the stuff of the shelf or would he put springs and change the valving for me?

i heard the ohlins rear shock for the 1000rr is a little over dampen...true?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Traxxion Dynamics (motobum)

Dude if you can afford the Ohlins forks you will simply never regret your purchase... Bolt them on, set the sag & then ride it like you stole it. The feedback is improved a 100 times over & the compliancy is just awesome. Depending on your weight you may need Dan to up the spring rate, but I am 180lbs & using the standard springs that come in the forks & while I have the preload dialed all the way to the max on both legs it is working. I might find that I need to up the spring rate at Barber if I start to bottom it out under extremely aggressive track riding, but for the street I honestly could not be more thrilled with the improvement over stock I have experienced

The Ohlins shock might be a tad overdamped, but I am using it with the HRC linkage & am very happy with it. The new Ohlins shock I will be testing shortly has a revised valving so I will be able to give a better appraisal of the standard one hopefully soon, but either way the std Ohlins shock is soooo much better than the stock shock you'll wonder how you ever rode the damn thing like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

the only problem is that its 1500 dollars more then the traxxion dynamics set up.

there is alot of tires, gas, oil, and trackdays i can buy with 1500 dollars...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (wstaab)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From a press release issued by Traxxion Dynamics: </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup Max is pretty good at tooting his own saxophone as long as he's playing along with the recording

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (wstaab)

yeah those are the 20mm cartridge kits i was talkin about... suppose to be lighter and just all around a kick ass kit.

the only reason i pulled traxxion dynamics out of my ass is becuase my local racer friend said that he really enjoyed there stuff...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok just got off the phone with my friend and i guess he talked to a guy named mike at traxxion dynamics... and i guess he didnt know of any geometry setups, but i guess he is going to talk to max(the owner?) tomarrow..

good news is about 1785$ is what it is going to cost me for the new 20mm cartridges, and a revalved penske shock. all with there suggested spring rates for my wieght and riding ability.

i think this is going to work out pretty good, all i am looking for is to get to a level were i could jump up and down on the suspension w/ no hands all while be leaned over in the turn... this stock stuff just is a mess, and i have no faith in it.

its hard to do alot when i cant move without upsetting the suspension. i just want to gain the control and composure, and if there is room for improvement, steering...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Max has done everything humanly possible to alienate himself from the racing community here in the Southeast......got banned from the WERA board, which says a lot......all the race guys use Thermosman and rave over him.
The guys at GMD Computrack seem pretty savvy, too. Kent has been around the racing scene for decades.....his shop is about five miles from my house. Good people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why does it not suprise me that LDH does not like MAX?

Motobum, get whatever you want. Most of the top motorcycle "guru's" are assholes and then there are the ones that think they are "guru's" that are assholes as well.

Good luck with your endevor. You might approach a few more racers on a budget to find out what they use and make your own decision.

Not to personally endorse anyone but Kent @ GMD has done work for me and several of my friends with excellant results. Just frame work for me though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (manic)

One of the things that caught my attention about the AK20's is that it appears they can be easily swapped from bike to bike. Thats kinda cool.

Im kinda surprised LDH didnt recommend DK for the revalve or does he not work on the 1kRR?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Xfirebladeowner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xfirebladeowner »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One of the things that caught my attention about the AK20's is that it appears they can be easily swapped from bike to bike. Thats kinda cool.

Im kinda surprised LDH didnt recommend DK for the revalve or does he not work on the 1kRR?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah DK does alot of work on the 1000rr. i think he even has one of those special WHITE 1000rr. even made his own ecu for it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Max has done everything humanly possible to alienate himself from the racing community here in the Southeast......got banned from the WERA board, which says a lot......all the race guys use Thermosman and rave over him.
The guys at GMD Computrack seem pretty savvy, too. Kent has been around the racing scene for decades.....his shop is about five miles from my house. Good people.</TD></TR></TABLE>

should i not trust him... is he on this board? if so whats his screenname so i can look up some of his posts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or there is a company called Aftershocks in Norcal that has allegedly found a really good revalve setup for the forks.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

When I lived out in NorCal a buddy of mind had his 929 front forks and rear shock reworked by Aftershocks in Mountain View. They did fantastic work. Bike was fantastic to ride.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts