Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which of you eagle eyed enthusiasts can spot the unique points on this very early VTR1000SPW
are at least 2...also the rider was Yamaguchi(must be a test bike?)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I'll give it a try (FWIW, lol)....
- Engine case seems different.
- seems to have front-mount rads but has holes for OEM side-mounts

That's it for me (with my current attention span anyhow)...

Beautiful looking bike BTW (clean, timeless lines).....

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Round akrapovic cans
looks like it uses the stock style subframe / rear cowl unit, instead of a one-piece unit or endurance tail,
non-endurance style front fender,
it has dunlop tires, where *most* of the cabin bikes that I have seen have michelin

·
Registered
296 Posts
Factory swingarm
Quck-fill dual inlet race fuel tank
Factory Showa forks
Brembo superbike rotors and calipers
Factory magnesium wheels
Akropovic titanium exhaust
Endurance front fender
HRC engine

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unique header design where it meets the canisters.
yes round akra cans(maybe not akra?)

and black outers on the forks

nothing too exciting but never seen those on a factory sp before

shame the bike was probably crushed so Honda dont have to pay taxes on it(the reason they destroy most their super expensive factory bikes)

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
which of you eagle eyed enthusiasts can spot the unique points on this very early VTR1000SPW
are at least 2...also the rider was Yamaguchi(must be a test bike?)

I've seen very few pics of bikes with the bungs welded on that side of the frame.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
unique header design where it meets the canisters.
yes round akra cans(maybe not akra?)

and black outers on the forks

nothing too exciting but never seen those on a factory sp before

shame the bike was probably crushed so Honda dont have to pay taxes on it(the reason they destroy most their super expensive factory bikes)
They should sell them to me: you don't pay tax on an unregistered bike here... ;)

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
The "2-Two things unique":
The list of parts everyone is replying are good BUT> IMHO are NOT unique points.;)

Closest to almost catching 1 of them is, "b.miller" by going for the exhaust BUT, I don't think it is the exhaust canisters....>?<
I do think there is something Definitely different about the exhaust system, it's the mid.pipes where they meet starting from the collector\split and then run up under and over to the left side... This exhaust pipe is spaced quite abit more forward, of the "normal" Race exhaust pipes like this!... You guys see what I'm talking about?
The vertical pipes normally run up vert. together!> ;) Right?

I'm wondering IF it isn't the "Rear-sets & rear brake MC seems super tiny!...? And the last thing I see is, this team is actually running with 1 of these "Clear MC resviour Tubes" that we run as a mod.!..>?<

Peace Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The exhaust looks to be a little smaller diameter then other HRC systems I have seen but it looks to be routed the same, as well as the canisters being round instead of oval.
there was a few systems.
the factory ones(my scans) were available in 2000-01 to works bikes(everyone else in japan etc used the akra low mount kit systems)

in 2002 akra made the kit system you see on most machines
design is a little different
and the factory systems are a lot nicer looking

the factory and kit exhausts are all built to HRC schematics(thats why Moriwaki made the special exhaust for their bike looking like it did)
makers such as TSR,akrapovic and old moriwaki etc just copied HRC guidelines

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.