Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a portable generator for the pit area. It will power up tire warmers & such. The Chickenhawk Pole Position warmers draw 1,200 watts per set so I am looking at the Honda EU2000i unit. It's 2000 watts max & weighs 43 pounds. Will this be enough?

Any insight as to power output, make or model would be appreciated...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Trackside portable generator - looking for info (hank)

Like most of this stuff, you can never have too much generator. Get as much as you can afford and the most important feature is sound. It should be as quiet as possible. Look for Honda power units with the OHV type engine.

3.5 kw is a lot of power and is my personal limit to size, I would not have anything smaller.

I use it in my business and it will run air compressors and high draw power tools with little problem. It has a very long service life.

I use a Makita 6.5kw with Honda power

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Trackside portable generator - looking for info (hank)

The Honda series generators ROCK. We use Macman's Honda 3000 and it's sweet... and yes, quite is the name of he game. We can actually power three sets of warmers on that thing without a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Trackside portable generator - looking for info (Tripod-R)

I have a porter cable with a Honda engine, sucker is heavy not loud and cranks 1st pull everytime. Cost me about $400 from some place in Arizona online about 3 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts