Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys,

I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I have a track day tomorrow at Grattan. This will be my second track day. My first track day I had 208's (190/120) mounted. It rained for half of the day so i didn't get to push it that much but the rear end came around from time to time which was unsettling.

I have a set of brand new supercorsa's (SC2 180/ SC1 120) however the cost of install off the bike is $50. I like the 180 a lot better for turn in.

So should I pay the $100 to mount the SC's (and then remount the 208's for street riding)? Should i just work on smoothness and stick with 208's? They would force me to be more careful. Maybe i could shim the rear end tonight to give the added ride height to compensate for the 190.

The supercorsa's would cover up rider mistakes much more than the 208's would correct? but i would have a bunch more confidence on them and therefore speed.

What are your thoughts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Track Day Tire Opinions. (PeteDawg)

Are you talking about 208 GPA's?
OR 208 ZR's?

$50 when the rims are off the bike!?!?! That is crazy talk!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah $50 is robbery. But Thats what they charge in MI and i can't really do anything about it.

But ya they are zr's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (PeteDawg)

Last time I changed my tires out, Roseneau charged $60 for front and rear off the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (rc51999)

Its like this. for $200 bucks worth or mounting and remounting you could just use up the 208s on this trackday and buy another trackday for the supercorsas. Most trackday organizations can swap the tires for you for a hell of a lot less than $50 per wheel, thats crazy!

just take your corsas with you and swap them out at lunch :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (clarkandgrilli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clarkandgrilli »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its like this. for $200 bucks worth or mounting and remounting you could just use up the 208s on this trackday and buy another trackday for the supercorsas. Most trackday organizations can swap the tires for you for a hell of a lot less than $50 per wheel, thats crazy!

just take your corsas with you and swap them out at lunch :)</TD></TR></TABLE>
yah, I think the tire vendor at my last trackday was only charging $10 each.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish that was the case. At this particular event this is no tire changing facilities.

So is my performance on track going to be decremented by these 208's compared to the SC's?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (PeteDawg)

#1 Your comparing apples to oranges. The ZR is not a good track tire. The GPA's
The Super Coarsa is a good tire, but they just don't seem to last as long.

#2 I charge $10 for wheels off the bike. Anymore is just stupid.

#3 You can try & run the ZR's, but I would advise against it.
BTW I sell the 208 GPA's 120/180 combo for $289. Thats if you want to stick with the Dunlop profile. The Pirelli has a different height & profile than the 208. You might want to consider that as well.

John
http://www.scracecenter.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For $289 is that american compound or UK compound. Second what have you heard about using 190/60 in the rear vs. 180/55 in the rear......

Modified by TheMainEvent at 11:22 PM 7/22/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (TheMainEvent)

That is the American compound. I personally run a 190 on my RC, but ALL the racers in my area run the 180. I don't track the RC much at all so I have never really been motivated to run the 180 on mine. If your going to do alot of track riding I would suggest running the 180.

John
http://www.scracecenter.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Track Day Tire Opinions. (PeteDawg)

I just went to a 180 on my RC last track day... all I can say is

Best improvement in feel that I have ever made to my bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind my Dunlop 208ZR's so far, but I am trying Michelin Pilot Powers this weekend at Pocono. I have heard many good things about the Pilots so am am anxious to try them.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Michelin Pilot Powers

I ran my new Michelin Pilot Power tires on Friday, and I am thrilled with the improved grip I get from them. I like the Dunlops, but the Michelins were a definite improvement on road grip.
I think I will continue to use Michelins from now on unless something better suited to my needs comes along. I would like to also try Pirelli Corsas as well someday in the near future.

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.