Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: track bike anyone? (mikeinwi.)

That would be VERY COOL.

However, the frame # on the authentication papers doesn't match the # on the FRAME, AT ALL. Ducati Corse Frames don't have a VIN # unless it is inteded to be used in a Supersport class where all bikes must start life as a street bike (or at least be registerable in some country), and they don't come with the frame stickers, just a # stamped on the steering tube.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: track bike anyone? (Reckless_Kelly)

$70K! They are out of their minds!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: track bike anyone? (Reckless_Kelly)

All the years I was a chassis guy the AMA required VIN numbers on the bikes. They usually came with the number stamped in the steering head and a sticker on the down tube so it was eisier for tech to read it (the water bottle hides the stamped #). Our spare frames only had date codes on them so we would have Ducati make us a sticker with # it was replacing. I met the guy from Chicago who has this bike and he also has a Shumacher Ferrari, he came up in '01 to meet our other chassis mechanic Slick Bass who was Foggy's old mechanic.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: track bike anyone? (Ducshop)

Man that is way cool...Santa I want one of them

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: track bike anyone? (BlackHawk)

Yeah, he's been trying to sell that thing for years. I remember it being over 100K a few years ago. I imagine it would be hard to get even thirty thousand for that bike these days. Not much use accept for garage eye candy or a very exspensive track toy. It be a ton of fun on the track but will get exspensive quick trying to order seven year old corsa engine parts. Still would be fun. So being thats the case what would someone pay for this bike if they could justify it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's worth the money but perhaps there are only a few people who would value it so highly. If I didn't own two of them already I would buy it on the spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts