Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to Color-rite but they don't seem to offer paint to match the gold used on the frame and wheels. I have some paint damage on the frame of my new-to-me 2000 M900 and could use a pint or so to airbrush on. Where are people getting this stuff?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (Nick D.)

Nick,
Not to jack your thread but would also be interested to hear if anyone has found a good match for the yellow...just looking to touch up a spot or two.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (Kennedy)

on the yellow you'll need to put a white base down first ( as yellows is one of the most transparent solid ) then do the yellow touch up .. i can make the yellow ..
as far as the gold goes ,,, i have done it before .. i would just need a part to scan
say , like a head light bucket ..
i can do a rattle can or t/u bottle .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Try ColorRite Antique Gold #7555 finalized with a satin finish using a Scotch-Brite pad.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Congrats on the Monster Nick!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (sm0kimOn)

Shaz, thank you again for the great advice!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 04749s »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can do a rattle can or t/u bottle .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you make a pint or so based on the Color-rite spec Shazzam provided? Once I have that I can get in with my airbrush and make it all nicey-nicey again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sm0kimOn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Congrats on the Monster Nick!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why thanks! I have been on the hunt for one for a while and came across a sweet deal on a 2000 with 925 miles in excellent condition except for a few bits here and there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

depends if the # matches my cross refferance program ...
but i can make a pint of base coat ( Dupont) if i have a part to scan ,, we can do almost any color out there

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (04749s)

Bam,
Not to steal the thread either but I posted a week ago about the Titanium Grey on an St4s and you chimed in that you could match it. Can you match it in a rattle can? If so I'll take two.
You can reach me at 970-927-2731,
Thanks,
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (ducsrule)

depends on the gloss ... i will need a part to scan though ,, so if you could supply
that i'd be good to go on the color

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'd also be interested in some touch up in the matte titanium color ('02 ST4S). Unfortunately, I don't have any parts I can send you to match it. If you do make some, let me know.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (paulst4)

Bam,
Is there a code I can send you vs a part to scan?
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

what's the ppg code

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Novice here... where should I look to find that number?
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

check the manual for the color code ,, and i think the code may be under the seat
on the st's
just let me know how many cans you guys would like , and send me your info

Modified by 04749s at 10:57 PM 7/1/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I finally checked my owner's manual for the ST4s. From what I can tell, the color and code is:

iron grey part no. 291.600

I'm assuming that the manual I have is for the '02 (bought mine used). Everywhere else, my color is called "matte titanium". I did a google search on "ducati touch up paint", and found this site http://www.ducati.net/faq.cfm?id=3, which confirms the paint code listed above. This color is definitely a "flat" color, rather than a glossy one, such as red/yellow/everything else but dark.

Not that it matters, but on the color-rite site, the color looks like a bronze almost, and they state that it requires an eggshell clearcoat.

In any event, I'm just looking for a touch-up bottle. Let me know if you can do it and how much you want. You can get me direct at paul dot reardon at leasecomm dot com.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Touch-up paint for frame? (paulst4)

i will run the color# on monday and let you guys know for sure .
as for amounts send me an im or list it here ,,
the color will be an eruothane base coat ,, a clear will need to go over the top so it will be glossy , as for the matt gray , i can do a low , med or high gloss ...
( med gloss is what you would see on the majority of Mercedes lower body
cladding from late to mid 80's to early 2000's )

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Looking at my bike, there is no gloss, I mean none... It is the Matte Titanium color as stated by Ducati. I would take two rattle cans as I am only painting the Luggage Bag tops. Please confirm this is a one step process or not.
Thanks for all the help,
Brian
970-927-2731

1 - 17 of 17 Posts