Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I get my bike dynoed and it said that all I have is 120 with sato's and the guy said that my top speed is 140 because i have 15/41 sprockets is this true or not

oh and the dyno i dont have the right map so thats probably why

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Fattony do you want a map for those cans? I have the DK rev.#7 for the sato slipons. That speed is wacked. I know you can do 162 with some room to go so 17x sounds right.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Top Speed

Yo
Take it to the street have the man zap ya,this way you know 4 sure.
No Guts No Glory.

·
Registered
983 Posts
LDH said:
& top speed is about 170mph with a 15/41 set-up...
That doesn't sound right. I would have guessed closer to 150mph than 170mph with a 15/41 set up. The bike only does a little better than 170mph with 16/40, right? This is all under the assumption the the soft rev isn't done.

If you got the wrong map for those Sato's, 120hp is probably close to the mark too. Doesn't sound like the dyno guy is so far off to me. :twocents

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Rocket51 said:
That doesn't sound right. I would have guessed closer to 150mph than 170mph with a 15/41 set up.
Then you would have guessed wrong... :D

Rocket51 said:
The bike only does a little better than 170mph with 16/40, right?
That's because the bike can't even pull redline in 6th gear with the stock sprockets...

·
Registered
78 Posts
The HP figure sounds about right. I have the same engine mods and mine was dyno'd at 123.3hp at the wheel.

As for the top speed issue, 140 mph is not right. I've done 165mph on a long stretch with the stock gearing. I have since changed to the 15/41 combo. I know the speedo is off, but the increased acceleration and engine braking makes it worth it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hate not having a computer because it takes me about 2 days to reply, he also said that I am redlining at 9k rpms I am running sato low map because I lost the wire to transfer the map old timer gave me will try to put it on asap

·
Registered
143 Posts
Let me repeat....rear tire diameter & maximum attainable rpm. It doesnt matter if you have 121.81574hp or 175hp. These will ultimately determine your top speed for a given final gear ratio.

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
shake5 said:
Let me repeat....rear tire diameter & maximum attainable rpm. It doesnt matter if you have 121.81574hp or 175hp. These will ultimately determine your top speed for a given final gear ratio.
On the road? nope aerodynamic drag and the Horsepower to overcome it will determine the top speed.;)

On a dyno or sitting on your rear stand, yep gearing will limit it to the maximum rpm the engine can pull and the ratio the final drive nets:rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
sp2pilot said:
On the road? nope aerodynamic drag and the Horsepower to overcome it will determine the top speed.;)

On a dyno or sitting on your rear stand, yep gearing will limit it to the maximum rpm the engine can pull and the ratio the final drive nets:rolleyes:
I realize that, esspeetwo, but dont get people running out and waxing their bikes and calculating the surface area. Let alone drag coefficients & wind tunnels, etc. Lets keep it theoretical, at least for now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
LDH said:
Then you would have guessed wrong... :D

That's because the bike can't even pull redline in 6th gear with the stock sprockets...
stock gearing with 190 rear,soft rev limiter present,bike pulled to an indicated 167 on the speed'o,tach showing on the bike about 9500rpm's,with the soft limiter removed the bike pulled to an indicated 183 on the speed'o,tach was in the very first part of the red,didnt feel like it was on the hard limiter,stalker verified the actual speed was only 164.2.gps agreed with 164.4 on the final pull. im not sure where or how an rc51 with one down in the front and one up in the rear can pull an honest 170 with or with out the soft rev mod?:wacky

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Hope this helps you understand 170 is very attainable. I hit 162 at 9k. I have the soft rev off and -1 up front. Speedo heeler set at 11%. My bike was still pulling. Granted not as strong but like the E bunny she was still going. Besides I'd rather do 45mph in 15mph 90* corner. Thats what this bike was made for otherwise :notworthy to the Busa.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts