Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Top 100 dealers in 2005 (TLSer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TLSer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My local shop made it. KC's Powersports.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was working in Huntsville last week and I made a trip down to KC's to get a helmet. It seemed like a nice shop with good customer service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Top 100 dealers in 2005 (Baasinator)

Small world.
It is alot better since KC doesn't actually own it anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Top 100 dealers in 2005 (TLSer)

It is no shock to me that there is no dealers in Arizona that made the top 100. They are all very poor. Guess thats why a lot of customers come my way. I have a small shop but very happy customers.

T.H.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Top 100 dealers in 2005 (AtomTan)

Good post. It made me wonder - What makes a "Top" dealership?

From the article:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dealernews »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Top 100 competition, now starting its 15th year, recognizes dealerships across North America for retail design and merchandising approaches, promotional innovations and superior dedication to customer service. </TD></TR></TABLE>

At least they tacked on customer service there at the end...

The group giving this award is recognizing retail locations that move the most aftermarket products and accessories... not the dealerships that give good advice, sell bikes at fair prices, host motorcycle community events, provide competent and quick service, and generally treat motorcyclists as something other than a stupid wallet with legs.

So what about the truly great dealerships? I'll nominate one: RPM Motorwerks in Belleville, Illinois. They treat every person who comes through their door like a friend and a guest. They will never make the Dealernews list because they are a small shop. But they know their products inside and out, from the owner to the teenager who sweeps the floors, they care deeply about motorcycles.

Does anyone else have a top dealership to nominate?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Top 100 dealers in 2005 (banda)

nice, they actually have Canada in this link for once

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CANADA -
Ontario: Hully Gully, The Ultimate Toy Store (London)
Quebec: Moto Internationale (Montreal)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Moto Internationale is where my gixxer is originally from

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Top 100 dealers in 2005 (dj_wawa)

The list is not a good reference for Michigan. Motown Harley Davidson in Taylor is also know as "Blowtown".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The glitzy Hog dealer near where I work sometimes (Morrow, GA - just south of the airport) made the list....what a joke....ALL they sell is fringe jackets, do rags, wallet chains and every kind of crap you can imagine in black. BUT THEY ARE A TOP DEALER CUZ AN AD MAN SAYS THEY ARE....well, that explains everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts