Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard/read elsewhere that they have incredible grip and last longer. I hope they deliver. Testimonials?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have heard/read elsewhere that they have incredible grip and last longer. I hope they deliver. Testimonials?
I been riding the D209 GPA EU one and they work well. I pay almost 400 for those. The set I am on I just use it for my 4th trackday. I am going to see if 5th trackday is possible. I hear the same about how good the NTec is. I wonder if one can run those tire 4 to 5 time for trackday use? Would like to hear your test report on these tires.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I been riding the D209 GPA EU one and they work well. I pay almost 400 for those. The set I am on I just use it for my 4th trackday. I am going to see if 5th trackday is possible. I hear the same about how good the NTec is. I wonder if one can run those tire 4 to 5 time for trackday use? Would like to hear your test report on these tires.
that's incredible durability. I was always lucky to get 2 days out of a set of tires. Generally got no more than 1.5 days....and that's with warmers between sessions trying to reduce the cold tearing.

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
The Ntecs are great tires. Some of the best Ive tried. Have great feel to them. At my pace I get 3 sprint races out of a rear. The front Ill get 3-4 weekends. The top experts I race with get 1 sprint race out of the rear and 2-3 weekends a front. Next season Im going to try the AMA spec tire. Its cheaper, lasts longer and according to one of our fast guys its almost as fast as the Ntec.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
I once read that Mat Mladin used the N-Tecs in 2003 on the GSX-R1000 when they were unobtainium for mere mortals. That's pure trickle down technology! :rockon But he was running a special version on 16in rims with widths up to 205mm I think.

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
They do deliver, however if your not running near the top of the "a" group than the 211 gpa will give you nearly the same performance and save some coin. The fronts of both wear like stinking iron and give great feedback. Just set your pressures hot and correctly.

The 211 has been my favorite tire for the last 2 years, I know for a fact its saved my ass a couple times.

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
I once read that Mat Mladin used the N-Tecs in 2003 on the GSX-R1000 when they were unobtainium for mere mortals. That's pure trickle down technology! :rockon But he was running a special version on 16in rims with widths up to 205mm I think.
Talk about trickle down, I had some of MM's AMA spec 6680 takeoffs from Laguna 09 I ran last year. I felt faster just knowing I had them on :)

I can get morning practice and once sprint on the rear then flip for a second race. The rear is still ok for a few practice sessions the following month. Ill flip the front when I change the rear and change the front ever 2 rears (but it could probably go much longer). Best tires I have used.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I am going with a 211 GPA Spec tire up front and a 211 N-Tec rear. Good Lord that front axle on the ZX-6R is a royal PIA- I miss the simplicity of the GSX-R600. LOL! Practice tomorrow and Saturday. F40 and 750 SuperBike on Sunday. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Damien. I will be pitted in the Hartman Garage closest to the snack bar. I hope to see you out there! Anthony

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
Thanks Damien. I will be pitted in the Hartman Garage closest to the snack bar. I hope to see you out there! Anthony

I stopped by the Hartman Garage Sunday and talekd with Alex Eisner, Ricky Hurd, Bob Setbacken who pit at the other end next to Louie's Dyno but missed you at that time.

Its been a few months since Ive been out there, sure was good to see everyone again. I took a few months off but now Im anxious to get back out there.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was there on Friday but skipped Saturday and Sunday after waking to rain and reading the weather forecast of a winter storm. Sorry to have missed you Damien.

Now, Let me tell ya those Dunlop 211s are freakin awesome!!!! Conditions on Fri were less than ideal. No cold tire tears. I found the tires very predictable. No drama. They hooked up perfectly. Showed very little wear front and rear- profile was in tact. So much so that I would not even consider flipping them at the end of the day. I am drinking the Dunlop KoolAide...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts