Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1986 cr 500 240# 62 rwp

RC51Stunna said:
With what bikes? You got some studded tire bikes ready to rip?

Ill be there if you do!

Stunna
So far this year it's a B.Y.O.B. affair. I'll keep you posted as there is also a pit bike club that meets up @ surfside off of 110 on sundays :rolleyes:

Bring a bout 1200 screws a few cases of bud and a screwgun..........http://www.mfgsupply.com/ATVStuds.html

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nutter, I don't have a dirt bike to play with. :(

I do have an ATV and I even ice-raced it a couple times last winter in Wisconsin. It is only a 350 4x4 though so I got eaten up by the huge bikes in 4x4 non-studded class.

I've never crashed a dirt bike... :)

. Because I haven't ridden one yet. :D

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Allen

Hoovenater said:
Nutter, I don't have a dirt bike to play with. :(

I do have an ATV and I even ice-raced it a couple times last winter in Wisconsin. It is only a 350 4x4 though so I got eaten up by the huge bikes in 4x4 non-studded class.

I've never crashed a dirt bike... :)

. Because I haven't ridden one yet. :D
It's not much different out there ;except you can miss your line and then use a few acres to reel it back in.

The fun part is that you can make any course you want and with enough gas you can establish a decent groove with small berms to keep you honest.

The downside is the fact that ice is rather unforgiving and the highside will happen unless you fully commit to the throttle if you lift for even a second IT will stand straight up and if you don't get back in it you'll get a durometer test (rockwell #45) :(

The Water Nazis A.K.A. LEO's become rather annoying as the channels are open and their radios are real fast

So far so good

I am seriosly entertainig the ICE RC concept :woot: bring your blaze orange rig and it's trackday 24/7.

Any one wanna give it a "GO"

We do have http://www.geo.umn.edu/mgs/ask/whylks.html

And the urban sprawl can certanly be avoided ;IE open headers :wtf

BTW If someone has a set of rims cheap (please) chime in.

TTFN

P.S we run duluth to ely (if it snows)

North shore tral/ tomahawk/finland/isabella/grand marais/ely. buy an old 500 indy and I promise I'll wait-up (you will need a ten gallon tank) free as I have a few jump gear tanks.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear 'ya

JuhaV said:
http://www.iceroadracing.net/

There is no need for a "dirt" bike if you wanna ride on ice. Take a look into that web site. That's how it goes. RC51 would do just fine !

br, JuhaV
Ya the 500 runs kerosene in the forks and lots of zip-ties to lower the rear
It's clocked @ 102 and headshakes like a bitch.

However he WILL smoke on sleds all day :clapper

I think my 51 needs a dampener and some SECRET TIRES :woot: (I've got a beta video of some russian dudes with an inch or so of picks) It Can't be too secret :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would think studding a set of "Rains" would be the easiest and smartest way to go. That guy in Finland (or Sweden or wherever he is) supposedly has a patent pending on his studding process. I'm betting it's normal studding, and a whole lot of "tire slime" to seal it up. :)

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's start a sanction

So I guess lining the tire with carpet and running drywall screws is dated,Bring the orange guy down or I'll head up :clapper

C'mon HOOV I will always be the fastest without competition :rockon

The season is limited ; :( times a'wasting :clapper

bring on the orange :notworthy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts