Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 swingarm I am installing on a 00. The swingarm is black now. Should I strip the block off or leave it? My frame is also black. I know it will not affect the performance just a preference thing. Not sure which I like better.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think I was going to pick that swinger up also and my plans were to strip it. I really like the silver swinger on a black frame. There's a few members that have that combo. Let us know what you decide and how you did it because I'll be looking at doing the same come closer to winter

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I think I was going to pick that swinger up also and my plans were to strip it. I really like the silver swinger on a black frame. There's a few members that have that combo. Let us know what you decide and how you did it because I'll be looking at doing the same come closer to winter
That's the route I'm taking only using an '04 (less hassle) :twocents

·
Registered
531 Posts
True but it seems 04's are harder to pick up, although I was offered one of those too, I had a choice...but the deal was leaning towards the 03...did you grab that?

What I'd really like is the factory swinger...Stunna find one of those???

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is it less hassle? It thought the 02-06 we all the same swingarms.

How are you planning on stripping it?

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The '04 is clear anodize already :twocents
Got ya. I read somewhere else on one of the forums where a guy took his to an anodizer and they stripped it. I thought that might be easier than be trying to do it myself. Probably look better.

Anyone know a good anodizer?

·
1,061 Posts
I'd go with the 04 if you can. It's way easier than having to do it yourself. I tried stripping my swingarm (I have an 03 SP2), and it was just to much work. Not satisfied with the results I eventually just painted it black with some rim paint. So now it's gloss black. Which looks better than before, but I always have really liked the look of the silver anodized.

:twocents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts