Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am concidering installing heat wrap on my header pipes, (04 749S). I have heard serveral opinions on this, and I'm still not sure if this is wourth while or not.
If properly installed so as not to unravel are there any pitfalls to installing heatwrap?
Thanks in advance!
Mark

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (chiromikey)

Can't seem to get connected. Is the info you have there correct?

I just got an 06 749S and was wondering if something could be done about the heat that comes up around the seat when poking around town slow. Not much of an issue when hammering the roads, but slow down for in town traffic and it's like a heat gun on your crotch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you might have to register first but the site 1st class and worth the minimal effort.

i would only use heat wrap on the components you are trying to protect instead of on the exhaust itself as it can cause metal fatique and failure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guest said:
you might have to register first but the site 1st class and worth the minimal effort.

i would only use heat wrap on the components you are trying to protect instead of on the exhaust itself as it can cause metal fatique and failure.
ditto :) ditto,ditto(thats 10 ) :p oh yer the heat issue :cool: ,welcome to the ducati sbk :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
What about wrapping ceramic coated pipes?? Would that offer more protection? I actually like the look of wrapped pipes but the ceramic coating isn't that expensive and I heard it's pretty effective also. Just curious how they would work together??

·
Registered
675 Posts
I just got a reply back from a guy I was already talking to at Jet Hot about getting my pipes done. Just some FYI if anyone cares. Their standard sterling finish is the most effective coating for reducing heat transferr to the surrounding area/components. He also said they do not recommend any type of heat wrap as it can overheat the coating.

Now the dilema of which one is more effective. Neither is that expensive and as far as looks...my favorite changes daily. I wouldn't think the wrap would do any more damage to the coating than to a regular pipe. Plus, it's gonna be cooler to begin with. But I'm no expert on the subject by any means.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts