Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on a high mileage tire???? I do about 100-120 miles a day.. go ahead and flame away if you must.... Thanks T

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm sure the searched turned up nothing because we are all interested in improving handling. That being said Bridgestone battlax 010 front and 020 rear work good you might also want to consider michelin pilot roads I heard they are a good compromise. Just realize with the harder tires handling will go away.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
what rc74 said. harder the compound, the more mileage you get and the less handling you get with it.

there are some good sport touring tires out there. decent handling and good longevity. if you even think of riding anywhere at a spirited pace, go back to the 3000 mile tires.............especially as the cold weather approaches.

i heard some good things about the Metzler Roadtec Z6's. A friend of mine has them and has 5000 miles on them and they're not even half worn. likes the handling for commuting as well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I got 6500 out of my 208zr's and after5800 it felt bad on turns as in there was little to no confidence I also have diablos now and I put 4000 more than 1/2 way through but they give great confidence. my:twocents

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've got pilot roads. They arent as sticky as my powers were but I have no problems on twisties. Got about 2000 miles so far and the rubber nipples are still there!

·
Registered
89 Posts
+1 on the pilot roads. ive read a few reviews that had them lasting over 5000 miles depending on riding styles....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts