Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lookin' for a real deal on a set of tire warmers for quite some time....saw these on ebay.....wtf?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

Are these guys crazy? Would you buy these for $200+ after they already fried some guys tire?

Did manage to solve my problem today though....got the top of the line Chicken Hawks used by a guy for two races (I know him) for $400.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: tire warmers (roadkill)

I think the burnt patches usually come from taking them off tires hot then throwing them on the ground all crumpled up. Worse if they are still on. I heard you should hang them up or lie them flat. Can't remember where I heard this from so it could be a load 'o bull.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: tire warmers (roadkill)

Chicken Hawk will repair those. I have a rear warmer that I got back in 1999 that doesn't get as hot as it use to. They gave me an estimate to fix - I can't remember how much it was but it seemed pretty cheap to me.

I didn't do it yet. One of those things that I keep planning on doing...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tire warmers look like that when they've been cooking without a tire to sink the heat to. You can fry the covers if you leave them plugged in and leave them without a tire in them. It can be much worse if its rolled so that its heating itself and creates a hot spot.

Patching is pretty inexpensive, and if you burn the thermostat out from doing it, thats not really expensive either. I have my own brand repaired with new thermostat and patching of the covers for around $150, and basically you have a close to new tire warmer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just had the thermostats replaced in my set of Chicken Hawks for $80 + shipping, due to the fact that my rear warmer wasn't getting very hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts