Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys run for tire pressure f/r when doing a trackday? i know it's probably somewhat weather dependent but what is a good guidline? The HotrodM944 and i are going to Blackhawk Farms in IL on 8/31 with the DRILL club. i have a set of Mich Pilot Power Race take offs i'm going to put on. can't wait!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re: tire pressure for track day? (mikeinwi.)

with dunlop 208's zr i've used 30/30 and have had no complaints.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: tire pressure for track day? (mikeinwi.)

For the Michelin Pilot RACE you'll want to run: 31/32 front and 23/24 rear

And if you have a Michelin rep at the track you should also confer with them as the conditions on your particular day may require a slight adjustment, although the above pressures are "ballpark figures" for most conditions per Michelin.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re: tire pressure for track day? (hubert)

+1 hubert

The rear Power Race was designed to run at a lower pressure.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Re: tire pressure for track day? (Capt. Home Slice)

What tires is your buddy running? Street Tires (Dunlop 208, Stones 014, Michelin Power) 30/30 (Diablo Corsa) 34/36...soft carcass
Race Tires (Michelin) POWER RACE 30/22-24 PILOT RACE 28-30/26-28
Thats all I know for sure because thats all I've ran and been told by reps, these can all change a little depending on weather but its a good baseline to start at. Give those tires time to warm up, and have fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Re: tire pressure for track day? (wolf44)

Oh yeah, power race and pilot race are two different tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure Diablo Corsas are 32-36 on the road so should be 30-30 on track give or take (subject to conditions).

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (FiscusFish)

Dunlop 208A's is 30 front & 28 in the rear. To much pressure will cause unwanted heat and turn the tire blue. Take a look at the tire after the first run. If it's balling up on the edges, you have the right pressure, if it's "layering" and not balling up your over heating it. This is a bad thing. It'll be a slippery feeling. Decrease or increase the pressure as needed.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (viper1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viper1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dunlop 208A's is 30 front & 28 in the rear. To much pressure will cause unwanted heat and turn the tire blue. Take a look at the tire after the first run. If it's balling up on the edges, you have the right pressure, if it's "layering" and not balling up your over heating it. This is a bad thing. It'll be a slippery feeling. Decrease or increase the pressure as needed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good advice.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (FiscusFish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FiscusFish »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sure Diablo Corsas are 32-36 on the road so should be 30-30 on track give or take (subject to conditions).</TD></TR></TABLE>
The Pirelli guy at Barber said the TRACK PRESSURE for the Diablo Corsa is 32-36. He said it was becausethe DC have such a soft carcass. Just what I'm told, it seems high to me too but I'll take the advice of the guy that knows the tires better than me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (wolf44)

I thought the Michelin rep was crazy when he told me that my freshly mounted power races were at 22 (rear). I just went with it, since he is the "expert" They worked great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts