Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got the Pair Mod instructions staring me in the face, and I read them every couple of days to give me a little more confidence to do em. (read: I'm chickenshit and not a mechanic)

I have a repair manual so I have the steps to do the draining, but anyone got any tips on how to do it without making OBFM?

My tank is pretty full right now. How do you guys do it without painting the engine in gas?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I siphoned mine using clear tubing with a coat hanger inside the tube to hold it straight with a slight bend in it. Fish it to the rear left side with the bike on the kickstand. when the level gets lower, lift the tank to get most of the remaining fuel out.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvilTwin-05 said:
You don't need to drain the tank for the pair mod.
I thought about that, but I can't lift it much more than as far as it's propped up with the stock tools. After that it's just pulling on the hose too much.

I often wondered about that, maybe my hoses are routed funny, i'll have a look.

I'll also search up that method from sp2p

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
If you are refering to the two on the right side next to rear head I just squeezed them up till they were able to rest on the edge of the frame. The rear pair will be a pain but you just need to take your time from the left side.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's actually a .5 second job. It takes Joe all that time to remember where he left the bullets after his last "bender".:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts