Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a minor lowside at the track and I haven't been able to start the bike. I'm thinking the tip over sensor engaged, and since I removed the ignition I can't reset it. Any suggestions? I disconnected the battery for a day, hoping it would reset, no luck with that one...

TIA
Matt

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would guess the tip over sensor is only a two wire switch?

I would try unplugging it or jumping the two wires together. Not sure if the switch is normally opened or closed.

Does the bike crank but not start or no crank no start?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The bank angle sensor should go back to the OK state as soon as the bike is upright. There is no reset required.

There is a basic BAS test procedure in the manual.

As a side note, the BAS kills the fuel pump, not the ignition. If the fuel pump primes, when you put the kill switch to "run", it's not the BAS.

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
You do have to reset the tip over switch ones triggered but all that's required is to turn the ignition off then back on. If your using the keyless ignition mod then all you need to do is to turn the bike off with the stop/run switch and back on. If that does not work then try to by pass the tip over sensor by jumping the outer two wires on the harness side of the switch. Disconecting the battery for 1 second would be sufficient, by pass the tip over sensor and test again.

More detail on the problem, does your FI light come on for 2 seconds then go out with a power cycle? Can you hear the pump run for those 2 seconds? Does it crank?

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, well after reading your replies I ran out to see if the FI light was showing for the appropriate 2 seconds (I forgot to mention the fuel pump was not priming, the reason I concluded it was the tip over sensor), and to be more specific I did the keyless ignition mod. Well, fuel pump primed, FI light illuminated as required, and she fired right up. Dunno???:wacky :confused: Three days ago, after disconnecting the battery the first time and coming back out the next day, I mistakingly hadn't reconnected a few wires when I initially reconnected the battery. Obviously I reconnected them and tried firing her up again, but still with no luck. Maybe it took some more time with the kill switch off for a full "reset"?

Thanks anyways!!

And, I tweaked a few bodyparts, more questions to follow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.