Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Timot Leathers? http://www.timotco.com/english/catalog_suits.html# I stumbled across an ad of theirs on the web. I like the look and features of those suits, but I'm not sure I've ever read or heard anything about them.

On a side note. How unbearable would a set of mostly unvented leathers be at midwestern summer track days? I've been thinking it would be best to have a set of mostly perforated leathers for track days in terms of comfort. But then I think that a set with vents instead of perforations would be more versatile, for track days or trips in the Spring and Fall or wet in conditions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Timot Leathers (Hickey)

Dunno what to critique, one thing that stands out is the thickness of the leather used; my A* has 1.1mm thick leather while they're at 2mm - being as that's doube, their suits will not only be much heavier than a comprable thinner suit, but also much hotter. Just one thing to consider.

As to how livable a most unvented suit is ... my A* suit is mostly unvented and is also black in color and I've been fine during 100 or so degree trackdays here in Southern CA, so you should be ok but our heat out here is usually a dry heat, if it's considerably more humid where you're at, a vented suit may be the way to go as you can always layer a sweatshirt over it to keep you warm in the cooler months, but you can't really do anything about it being too hot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Timot Leathers (Hickey)

I only wear a perforated suit around here. If I kind of push my shoulders a little forward and pull my chest away just barely from the suit, a big rush of cool air comes in. If it is a cool day just keep it tight to your chest and not much air comes in. All this may sound odd, but to anyone who has done it, it makes sense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (STT GUY)

Thanks for the tip!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STT GUY »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Send any suit to Barnicle Bill and for $75 it's perffed(SP) </TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts