Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question, I have been quoted for my 10,000 klms service and was told that as my bike is already 2years old the timing belts should be replaced as well.

The life of the timing belts is either 20,000 klms or 2 years old. What gets me is that if the belts were sitting on the shelf of the Ducati parts shelf for 6months would that make shorten their lifespan.

The fact is that the timing belts will set me back another $300 on top of the already inflated service price (aussie dollars).

What is your opinion on this, any help would be appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
we'd tell you that's the recommendation, if you don't want to do it it's up to you. it's your bike after all - if you choose to not do something that the servicing person says should be done then that becomes your responsibility. which may or may not worry you.

if the belts are on the bike they are bent around and have a much more tortured time than sitting on the shelf.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (brad black)

Fair enough, just had to ask, I definitely would rather have the bike tip top, but when I have ridden it so little I was hoping to get more mileage out of all the parts.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (YellowWaveRyder)

Belts sound a little steep but not sure what the exchange rate is. I paid about US$30 each for mine (2-valver).

Just curious - what kind of YELLOW WAVES do you ride (kiddie pool)???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts