Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
DID 520 X-whatever, 42 T SuperSprox rear, 15 T front...

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
D.I.D. erv 3 520 x-ring afam 15t front and stealth 42T rear.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
DID 530 O-ring (so basic it still had one of those wacky late '70s yellow boxes), 15T PBR front sprocket, 41T alloy Sunstar rear sprocket.
This is probably the last DID I'll fit. Used to run on all my bikes but lately they seem to have lost much of their shine. Next up is Tsubaki for me. ;)

·
1,061 Posts
RK GXW 520, Supersprox Rear, and Driven Front. I wanna say I got a 16t front and a 42t rear.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
DID 530 O-ring (so basic it still had one of those wacky late '70s yellow boxes), 15T PBR front sprocket, 41T alloy Sunstar rear sprocket.
This is probably the last DID I'll fit. Used to run on all my bikes but lately they seem to have lost much of their shine. Next up is Tsubaki for me. ;)
Is Tsubaki a decent chain? I have the feeling I will be getting a new chain after this summer.... How many links does a stock chain have?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Is Tsubaki a decent chain? I have the feeling I will be getting a new chain after this summer.... How many links does a stock chain have?
Stock chain should have either 104 or 108 links, cannot remember right now... to be honest I have always bought 110 link DID chains and cut them using the old one as a reference.
My brother has been running a Tsubaki Sigma X-ring chain on his 1000RR and to say I am very impressed with it would be an understatement. Closing the thing is a breeze using an off the shelf chain riveter and despite much abuse (and little maintenance, I may add :eek:) it hasn't developed any tight spots yet nor has it needed any adjustment since fitting.
That's good enough in my book. :rockon

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iirc i think its 104 sp1, 106 sp2.

I run 106 on my sp1/sp2 swinger wth a 15/42(gas guzzler but oh so fun).
I think I'll stick with a erv3 520, I was also curious if anyone was running a Tsubaki. Going to a 15/41 but still sprocket shopping so thanks for all the great suggestions & replies:notworthy

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Have run a few Tsubaki chains before and nothing bad to report. Although, i haven't run them long enough to get to the end of their life cycle so i can't speak to that aspect of it. But all in all its a well made chain....at least the 2 or 3 i've run before.

·
Trailing Member
151 Posts
RK ZZZ 520 with riveted master link.

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
DID ERV3, with the 15/41 set up i got brand new from scott (cbr400)

·
Registered
179 Posts
My last DID ERV 520 only lasted me about 4k mi. It was in really bad shape. I think I'm going to go back to a 530. And yes it was adjusted, cleaned and lubed and so on regularly.

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
DID and Renthal!:rockon for many years.

I just use the DID X-Ring chain with the Renthal sprockets. God, it's been so many years since I've replaced them, last time it was $145 for the Renthal sprockets and DID 520.

I need to ride more. :(

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Chains in Order... Best to Worse

Now, in my riding experiences, the Best Chains\Drive packages

DID
EK
Tsubaki
RK

Best to Worse Companies to deal with Warranty issues, again, Best to Worse,

#1 BEST to deal with to date has been,... by Far=... RK!

Worst Co. to deal with>... by FAR, omg has been>= Tsubaki~!

DID & EK.... I have NEVER had any warranty issues... Get the picture;)

Chain series I live by:
530 series, Street, Track jammin' 530,.. I would ONLY do a 520 series for 2 reasons..
#1 would be if I was doing any racing.
#2 would be IF I didn't ride hard or alot...
I ride alot and I ride HARD so All of my MCs get 530s

"Sprockets".. The Best sprockets> AFAM Period!

I have ALOT of miles under my belt over the years, No BS., in excess of 300,000 miles... so I have gone through 2 or 3:rolleyes: driv-packages in my life time.;)

I Hope this Helps,

And and by the way, to the regulars who know me here... Hello!, seems I've been off the radar again for quite sometime... Alot of other things have been going on in Life, I Hope all is well Guys\Gals :rockon

Peace Jeff

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
My last DID ERV 520 only lasted me about 4k mi. It was in really bad shape. I think I'm going to go back to a 530. And yes it was adjusted, cleaned and lubed and so on regularly.

a good 520 (like DID) will outlast your average 530 chain with proper maintenance.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
a good 520 (like DID) will outlast your average 530 chain with proper maintenance.

Hey bmfgsxr,
Stop drinking the coolaid brother,:p because You are Dreaming... if you think a 520 DID will outlast a 530 DID or EK or Tsubaki... Because there Ain't NO way and it Ain't NO How!
Now I know you said "a good 520 (like DID) will outlast your average 530 chain" but (to me this statement is Way OFF)... as I have NEVER had a 520 series chain last 40% of the miles of any "My" 530 series chains... Ever!

Now don't get me wrong,... I know 520 series chains have their place... it's just that after using many of them and learning how the work and how they last,... IMHO.... For the street.... it IS just throwing money away compared to a DID 530. ;)

Peace Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts