Speedzilla Forums banner

Throttle Steering???

951 views 16 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
How does changing the throttle affect a bikes line in a corner?

G
#3 ·
Re: Throttle Steering??? (Stuman)

It depends.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stuman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
How does changing the throttle affect a bikes line in a corner?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

G
#9 ·

You know, some days you just feel like highsiding yourself into oblivion and on those days, I enjoy a jolly day spent banking the bike over and just WHACKING the throttle at full lean and waiting expectantly for the insuing stars.

Then, other days, when I'm all dandy off my highside, there's nothing better than getting the bike banked, and just chopping the throttle mid corner, letting it just flat out die and enjoying the lowside.

Totally awesome.

G
#10 ·
Re: Throttle Steering??? (hubert)

All else being equal:

Increasing speed increases centrifugal force, which tends to push the bike to the outside of a turn.

Decreasing speed decreases centrifugal force, which tends to tighten the line and bring the bike to the inside of a turn.

G
#13 ·

Fast Freddie sez (http://www.fastfreddie.com/news/html/4ways.htm):

"...Both brake and throttle input have a tremendous affect on how the motorcycle steers.... Braking for a corner loads the front tire, compresses the front suspension and tightens rake and trail, allowing the motorcycle to steer quicker. Trail braking well past the turn-in point allows the rider to continue slowing the bike and help it steer, adjusting the line if need be while maintaining the load factor on the front tire. The throttle is used in much the same way; rolling it off and squeezing the brake will cause the motorcycle's line to tighten, cracking the throttle off idle after the brakes are released arrests the bike's lean angle and helps hold the desired line."

G
#14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok yer kinda startin to bug me now...</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

G
#15 ·
Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok yer kinda startin to bug me now...</TD></TR></TABLE>

+2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.